Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,016 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

I see this as a deeper issue than the Bible because Jews were dominant here for many centuries until their most significant deportation in the 6th century.

The right wing policy although isn't justified, is a karma result of a long term memory from what happened centuries ago, and actually not so far ago but from the 6th century and above.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_under_Muslim_rule

I submit that if not for the Bible, no Jew would care about that land.

The Bible's cultural impact is monumental.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Vrubel The poisonous Ben Gvir wants now to join the core war cabinet. I glad Gantz left them this evening. Now the coalition has only 64 members. From below 61 they will collapse.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

I am reading all these posts and I can see how all of you are so biased to Israel. You all are the real reason why we need to have a Jewish State  because it is precise of this perverted morality that we have been exiled from one place to another, and no, when we were exiled we didn’t have our own army or our own country, we were kicked out for being ourselves and this shows that the most world is still stuck in low human development world.

I am amazed how people cannot see what is right and what is wrong. Thank God the American government does see it correct and it stands with us, regardless of your opinions. When Hamas attacks us, they deliberately attack innocent people, and when we fight we specifically target terrorists. And this is a product of war when innocent dies, what did they expect would happen, they didn’t expect we would go to rescue our own. And no, the entire Gaza citizens are not worth our citizen finger nail, so this is the mentality we begin with. While we do not attack first,  it you come with a sword, then form a sword you will die.

And you keep mentioning Biden offered a solution, well Hamas is the one who does not respond for your info, why do you think America is so unequivocal support us, because Israel is responsive and the other side is not.

Also stop with this left wing or right wing, it’s just a label for the other side. Look we have only one Jewish state and we cannot afford to loose it, because you all people when we lived among you, you gave us such dubious benefits such as crusades and inquisitions and pogroms and Holocaust.  Thank you but no thanks.

Finally we are not grabbing any land, stop with this nonsense, if you refer to greater Israel that is in the Bible it’s from Nile to Euphrates that would be todays Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and eastern Egypt. While it would be very nice to have, we are modern people and we live in modern times and in the Bible it says when Messiah will come we will have those land but until then, it’s not ours. And whatever we currently possess is ours, it was always ours and news flash for you, we will never allow to have someone else build a state there. And first of all it was promised under Belfaour Declaration and we won in war fair and square and of course because it is says in the Bible, it clearly states there. I know Leo does not like the word Bible but Bible is very interconnected with that Land so it’s not possible to speak without Bible.

oh and don’t hate us for being God chosen people, complain to God why He made such decision. All we did was to accept it without questioning it, totally not our fault.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Leo you are 100%. My Israeli counterparts here are sort of shy to use the word Bible, I know they will argue against me and will say that I don’t represent them. I am not a hypocrite, I will tell you the way things are, I don’t like to lie nor can I even lie. Yes it is precise the Bible that commanded us to have the Land of Israel, we are forbidden to create a state anywhere else but in Israel and it is because God says so. Not the people, not the current events, not the politics but God Himself. I can quote you from the book of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Zachariah, they all speak of that. 
You know what they say, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

And wait till you see the final biblical war of Gog and Magog, it will blow your pants away, it says when the cloud dust will cover the sun, I expect something of the nuclear arsenal. And Zachariah says that the Dina, battle will be over Jerusalem where the king of the west will clash with the king of the east. 

I really think it’s time for you to go to your local church library and start reading Bible.

@Vrubel Don't get me wrong, while I won't deny neurosis of many kinds, I am very optimistic and even happy regarding the whole situation, as I said before, this is like Israel's dark night of the soul, all of the issues that were there al along are coming to the surface and to the light of public awareness, this will lead to major breakthroughs for the country.
Regarding the economical situation, Im afraid we are heading towards a very bad period financially, the taxes will have to be unrealistically raised in order to cover for the cost of the war.

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But isn't the Bible also a deep reflection of the Jew's average state of mind and sense of belonging to here?

I mean, it is circular.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

But isn't the Bible also a deep reflection of the Jew's average state of mind and sense of belonging to here?

I mean, it is circular.

No current Jew would know about or care about that land if not for the Bible and its cultural import.

Do you care about the land of your great granddaddy from 2000 years ago? No. Only if its in the Bible. A lot of land has changed hands in 2000 years and its water under the bridge unless you make a concerted effort to pump some epic meaning into it.

Edited by Leo Gura

When I write my book, only the people who read it will be God's children ;)

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

No current Jew would know about or care about that land if not for the Bible and its cultural import.

Do you care about the land of your great granddaddy from 2000 years ago? No. Only if its in the Bible.

But this is the mechanism the collective memory must have to be preserved.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

But this is the mechanism the collective memory must have to be preserved.

In other words, identity. And that's why there is no peace.

It is ironic how many people are bombed in the name of the Bible.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you care about the land of your great granddaddy from 2000 years ago? No. Only if its in the Bible. A lot of land has changed hands in 2000 years and its water under the bridge unless you make a concerted effort to pump some epic meaning into it.

But it's history. Jews were pushed around from place to place so they had to reclaim their native homeland. And you gotta admit, it worked. not every people would be capable to survive and eventually thrive in such conditions. 

Edited by Vrubel

Israeli shills are so advanced they don't even know they are shills. Thats how Israeli propaganda is everywhere 

43 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Vrubel The poisonous Ben Gvir wants now to join the core war cabinet. I glad Gantz left them this evening. Now the coalition has only 64 members. From below 61 they will collapse.

Oh but won't Ben Gvir now take his place?

Posted (edited)

@Gennadiy1981 Didn't god punish the jews at times? 

Were the jews in the bible capable of sin? or going against god?

Isn't it more a story of how god is teaching us a higher and higher moral standard? 

Starting from very primary sins like kayin and abel and progressing to build a noble kingdom. God tries to show us his way, be more god-like.

here is a cute animation that relates: 

38 minutes ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

You know what they say, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Yes, some things do not change, like the overarching structure of the tail, but some things do, change is fundamental.

So perhaps our sin was in our pride.Read beyond the 'pshat', be more open and expand your love, or your notion of the jewishness to all, what if the whole world were jewish, why are we so protective of the religion? truth is not so delicate, we shall expose the jewish tradition and all fallacies will dissolve in the light of awareness, the story ain't over brother. the fight might be over Jerusalem or not, it might not be as bloody as described, definitely not with swords xD, it might involve fighting with love, my love.

Edited by Samsonov

3 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

Israeli shills are so advanced they don't even know they are shills. Thats how Israeli propaganda is everywhere 

what is a shill?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Samsonov said:

what is a shill?

Someone who is paid or incentivized to spread lies and manipulation to further or defend an agenda 

Edited by Twentyfirst

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In other words, identity. And that's why there is no peace.

It is ironic how many people are bombed in the name of the Bible.

Is identity just a random thing or created for a reason?

I think it is the latter.

20 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Oh but won't Ben Gvir now take his place?

Yes maybe in the cabinet. But at least the coalition will shrink.

Posted (edited)

@Twentyfirst I have a friend who does just that xD 

He is paid to find lies, and retaliates with some more? Aren't we all lying a little?

Edited by Samsonov