Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,831 posts in this topic

@Basman

19 hours ago, Basman said:

If you are not glued to related news you are not going to know any of that.

Most people don't have the time to care about foreign affairs that doesn't affect them in a concrete way. The Israel/Palestine conflict is fundamentally no different from any other foreign conflict in relation to how people treat foreign conflicts in general. A war breaks out and it makes the news everywhere, then slowly attention fades until a major update. Meanwhile people are dying but because it is happening hundreds of miles away and is irrelevant to an everyday person's life, they stop thinking about it. The only difference in this case is that Palestine has had years to garner sympathy, but that is it.

The news is first and foremost really just entertainment for every day folk. The average person's sphere of influence is generally pretty small. If you think about any particular foreign conflict everyday, then you are not average.

What do you mean the news is foremost entertaining? And low key what are you insinuating about me here, assuming I think about the Israel/Palestine conflict everyday??? Don't sneak diss, if you have a problem say it plainly to me. Like I have a problem with you and @Nivsch, @Vrubel, @Heaven, @Lila9.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

I can go further and sum up the situation of Israel / Palestine in two words:

survival forces.

Given the Jordanian area Israel has occupied in 1967 a hugh mountainy area with a much higher strategical advantage in comparison to the much narrower much lower almost all plane corridor central Israel is built of - an occupation of at least the western part of West Bank by Israel is necessary and at the very least understandable.

And that is what the pro Palestinian side is in deniel about in the opposite side of the equation.

I can admit that you are also right in the sense that this occupation has definitely gone too far what then created the opposite problem and made Israelis too physically donimate in the west bank relative to the fair potential solution we had to go towards.

Yeah, that definetely complicates things because it’s militarily strategic and with the history between the two groups would make it very risky to allow each other to have. 

The same area (West Bank) where the Palestinian state would be is at the same time unrealistic for Israel to allow unless it is a demilitarised region - but then it isn’t a state in the truest sense with full sovereignty.

Not sure what the solution could even be. Maybe managed by a group of other neutral players / peace keepers. 

Edited by zazen

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Basman

What do you mean the news is foremost entertaining? And low key what are you insinuating about me here, assuming I think about the Israel/Palestine conflict everyday??? Don't sneak diss, if you have a problem say it plainly to me. Like I have a problem with you and @Nivsch, @Vrubel, @Heaven, @Lila9.

News rarely matter to your every day life in a tangible manner. I'm speaking in generalities.

Posted (edited)

@Raze Too graphic to me 😰🔞 They can say how 'evil' Israel in their opinion is without such streching tactics, unless they are desperate.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

@Raze Too graphic to me 😰🔞 They can say how evil Israel in their opinion is without such streching tactics, unless they are desperate.

You need to see it in full display to see the suffering your country is causing.

Reading about it is not the same.

The main reason people are so emotional and pissed about this war are the endless footage of burnt, dead, blown apart kids circulating since October. 

Compare it with Ukraine where there is no footage of dead people, just destroyed buildings. People barely care about that war anymore from a humanitarian perspective. 

Dead kids make people react more than anything else.

Meanwhile there is basically no footage of dead kids from October attacks. If you wonder why people seem to downplay those attacks so much.

7 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Meanwhile there is basically no footage of dead kids from October attacks. If you wonder why people seem to downplay those attacks so much.

🤦‍♂️

You were shown photos and content posted directly by Hamas and continue to pretend they don't exist.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20240603-222905_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

U.S. President Joe Biden on Friday outlined what he described as an Israeli ceasefire proposal to end the war in Gaza, nearly eight months after Israel began its invasion in response to the October 7 attack by Hamas. Biden described three phases to release captives held by both sides, allow residents to return to the north of the Gaza Strip and begin reconstruction of the devastated territory after the full withdrawal of Israeli troops. Hamas said it looked positively on the proposal and previously accepted similar terms, but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has yet to agree to it publicly amid pressure from far-right members of his governing coalition to continue the war indefinitely.

Israeli officials denied ever signing on to a ceasefire agreement touted by President Joe Biden. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian discuss on The Young Turks.

Bernie on not standing with Hamas and against bibi visit.

Meanwhile Israelis STILL forget to mention that they started all this in 1948

On 6/2/2024 at 5:57 AM, zazen said:

If someone wanted sum up the situation of Israel / Palestine in one word it would be: occupation. That’s a word a lot of Israelis deny to describe the situation with or rationalise the existence of.

Logically to follow up we should ask: does occupying a group of people make another group of people (the occupiers) more or less safe?

Whenever occupation is acknowledged by Zionists it’s rationalised and re-defined as being a needed “security measure” in response to being attacked - but they are being “attacked” due to occupation. Those attacks are what Palestinians deem resistance and what international laws tell them is their right.

How can the West create an international system of law that tells a group of people they are occupied and have the right to resist that occupation, and then support a country that is executing that very occupation.

When people are denied a state their denied a certain type of more 'civilised' and accepted means of protection - when they don't have a military, navy, air force, intelligence agencies or the backing of a global superpower they need to resort to guerrilla warfare and other unsavoury uncivilised tactics like suicide or terrorist attacks - which they are then gaslighted as savages for.

It is savage - but it doesn't detract from the cause being a just one of equal human rights, self determination and dignity even though they go about it in undignified unjust ways of which they have been left with little choice.

They complain about a couple hostages but all 2 million Gazans are hostages

On 6/1/2024 at 4:54 AM, Vrubel said:

Generally speaking, Israelis have no choice but to serve in their army. I am not in a position to judge because I have not served myself. I always thought of myself as lucky but now I regret it in a sense because defending your country whether in combat or non-combat roles is important and you also simply learn valuable life skills that will greatly benefit the rest of your life. But I have no problem with the conscious objector here and there, still, though I have more respect for the people doing the fighting and working on Israel's defense. 

Everyone has a choice. Don't remove peoples agency and responsibility like that. The nazis said they did what they did because it was "just taking orders" 

Israelis could leave to another land if they wanted

Theres a propaganda that goes unnoticed. "Anyone in power is gonna be corrupt but western powers are less corrupt and violent than if Islam rulers were in power" 

Are ya'll sure about that? Any evidence to support your claims? 

1 hour ago, Merkabah Star said:

Yes, so creepy and similar in so many ways. The mass graves really made me think of nazi germany. 

They STILL don't tell us why they had beef with Hitler either. Almost like they are hiding something 

31 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

They STILL don't tell us why they had beef with Hitler either. Almost like they are hiding something 

I've seen ridiculous posts like this on the bowels of Xitter... but nice to see they made it here.

43 minutes ago, hundreth said:

I've seen ridiculous posts like this on the bowels of Xitter... but nice to see they made it here.

Nice deflection