Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,205 posts in this topic

On 23.5.2024 at 11:18 PM, hundreth said:

Yes, point is to say that the relative value of this news in terms of actually being able to change the trajectory of what's happening is much greater than most of the news here which mostly comprises of external media figureheads bashing Israel over and over with different words.

+1 ❤️

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

You gotta be kidding me. All that bullshit about heritage, but so many prominent Zionists changed their last names to Jewish. I'm not saying they are not Jewish, but they are full of shit. Benjamin Netanyahu's inherited last name would be Mileikowsky and Ariel Sharon's Scheinerman, but seems to be quite a common trend they had.

I say this as a person whose last name doesn't fit with his born and living place heritage, which I consider mine, but I would never change my last name or hide it, because it's also part of who I am and where I come from.

@Hatfort It  baffles me how Europeans claim a land that is historically Arab.

No issue with Arab Jews, but those European Jews that came to Israel were totally out of place there in my opinion.

If you want to immigrate like Arabs immigrate to Europe, no issue with that.

But Arabs in Europe dont kick natives of their land and make their own state then take even more land :D

Ironically Zionism is a project to kick out Jews from Europe, it is anti Jewish in nature.

Again Europeans fucking over the world and then dumping their shit on other groups.

Posted (edited)

Former prime minister Lapid.

Screenshot_20240525-152501_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

46 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

@Hatfort It  baffles me how Europeans claim a land that is historically Arab.

No issue with Arab Jews, but those European Jews that came to Israel were totally out of place there in my opinion.

If you want to immigrate like Arabs immigrate to Europe, no issue with that.

But Arabs in Europe dont kick natives of their land and make their own state then take even more land :D

Ironically Zionism is a project to kick out Jews from Europe, it is anti Jewish in nature.

Again Europeans fucking over the world and then dumping their shit on other groups.

Israel has developed with a huge Western influence, they have culturally more in common with Europe and the US than with anything beside them and what was before they came. That's because that is where they were coming from, and so their funding. One of the things that has been lost is the particularities of arab-Jews from Palestine and jews from other arab countries who moved there, who assimilated a more Western-like culture and identity.

9 hours ago, Hatfort said:

You gotta be kidding me. All that bullshit about heritage, but so many prominent Zionists changed their last names to Jewish. I'm not saying they are not Jewish, but they are full of shit. Benjamin Netanyahu's inherited last name would be Mileikowsky and Ariel Sharon's Scheinerman, but seems to be quite a common trend they had.

I say this as a person whose last name doesn't fit with his born and living place heritage, which I consider mine, but I would never change my last name or hide it, because it's also part of who I am and where I come from.

I’ve known a few Israeli Jews who are really nasty about European Jews not being real Jews. I had this embarrassing situation at a party at my house where this one guy decided to tell my Jewish friends they weren’t real Jews. It wasn’t all casual like, it was really angry and nasty. So maybe they change their names to be more accepted? Who knows. 

The International Court of Justice has ordered Israel to stop its assault on Rafah. The order is one of three issued by the UN's top court in the genocide case brought by South Africa against Israel over its war on Gaza. Israel has long-declared it plans to intensify its assault on the southern city, saying it is necessary to dismantle Hamas. And it appears it plans to follow through with that strategy.

Posted (edited)

A knesset member in Lapid's party, Meirav Cohen. Former Minister of Social Equality and Pensioners.

meirav cohen.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch Apparently Hamas just took in IDF soldiers as hostages which means these protests are going to increase. 

The survivalist politics of the current government is chaos for Israel and the West by extension as its backers. Gaza is the thread that unravels the fabric of Western institutions to show their corruption and hypocrisy.

Looks like Israelis have been heavily propagandised into redefining defence as attack and the cost of conflict as justified collateral - but that seems to be changing now as months have gone by without meeting two of the main goals (get hostages back and defeat Hamas)

Survival is like a false flag and smoke screen used as a pretext for a darker agenda.

Edited by zazen

18 minutes ago, zazen said:

Looks like Israelis have been heavily propagandised into redefining defence as attack and the cost of conflict as justified collateral - but that seems to be changing now as months have gone by without meeting two of the main goals (get hostages back and defeat Hamas)

Survival is like a false flag and smoke screen used as a pretext for a darker agenda.

So true. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, zazen said:

Looks like Israelis have been heavily propagandised into redefining defence as attack

I think this is just natural after an event like oct 7th, and some amount of attack is perhaps even needed in the middle eastern language. But after some months of war, as you wrote, the war starts to be controversial, especially when everybody understand now that Netanyahu is going head into the wall without any strategic thinking and geopolitical reasonable moderate moves backing his actions. 

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

He kinda reminds me of Caesar in the War for the Planet of the Apes.  He hopefully acknowledges the dark side of his own instincts-

"We are sons of light, they are sons of darkness."

I have never seen Netanyahu show awareness of his own devilry. That's the core problem in all this.

Netanyahu is constitionally incapable of coming out and saying: "We Israelis are devils."

But that's what is needed to resolve this conflict. Until Israelis admit this, there cannot be peace.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Netanyahu is constitionally incapable of coming out and saying: "We Israelis are devils."

But that's what is needed to resolve this conflict. Until Israelis admit this, there cannot be peace.

I don't know if any one is capable of saying on himself like that, because it emphasizes only one side of him out of many.

As I see it, he has to say: "We Israelis were intented to good, but we have too our weaknesses, just like every other society, and our survival challenges and fear have lead us, throughout the years, to make unfair generalizations on the Palestinians, what made us to do also devilish actions we are now understand and regret for".

Honestly even after that hamas will stay hamas and the extreme fundamentalist parts will stay as they are, in both sides. But the moderate ones will be increased and get a boost and tailwind.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"We are sons of light, they are sons of darkness."

The understandable thing to say just after 7/10. The victims were definitely sons of light, the best of what humanity has to offer. Referring to Hamas and by extension, the boastful cheering crowds as human animals is also perfectly understandable. Also, keep in mind that intense anger will come inevitably with going through the stages of grief after such an attack and the ongoing hostage horror show. There is both an emotional component here and a sober realization of what we are dealing with here.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so set against Israel you overlook both the apparent and the nuance:

"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either—but right through every human heart—and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained. And even in the best of all hearts, there remains... an unuprooted small corner of evil."

"The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago".

Edited by Vrubel

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

The victims were definitely sons of light, the best of what humanity has to offer.

No they weren't. They were devils, just like everyone else.

While Gaza was being oppressed and dominated for decades, 5 miles away Jews were partying at a music festival without a care in the world.

Devilry takes many subtle forms. Deny it at your own peril.

Your own fancy quotes betray you. If the line of good and evil runs through every man, then why do you do so much demonizing of terrorists? Follow your own fancy quotes.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No they weren't. They were devils, just like everyone else.

While Gaza was being oppressed and dominated for decades, 5 miles away Jews were partying at a music festival without a care in the world.

Devilry takes many subtle forms. Deny it at your own peril.

Your own fancy quotes betray you. If the line of good and evil runs through every man, then why do you do so much demonizing of terrorists? Follow your own fancy quotes.

How disgusting and disrespectful.

Your description is unfair and demonizing beyond reason.

Edited by Vrubel

2 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

How disgusting and disrespectful 

No, just simply a truth few wish to see.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, just simply a truth few wish to see.

Dude.. most were left hippies. (Not that it should matter)

people are carefree by nature. 
its an insight I made by observing people here both Arabs and Jews

Edited by Vrubel

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Dude.. most were left hippies.

Why do you assume hippies aren't devils?

My last girlfriend was a New Age hippie type. Sweet, but also full of devilry.

You should know that the devil loves to wear the disguise of a sweet young hippie chick.

Edited by Leo Gura