Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

But in any case, my humble advice to all of you, switch to a different topic, unless you get orgasm by posting videos and just arguing. 

I get multiple orgasms and an occasional wet dream from posting videos so I will continue cause, you know, feels good. 🤡

On 5/18/2024 at 11:41 AM, zazen said:

You may not have to show mercy to the perpetrators but don't go after the many out of frustration for not being able to successfully get at the few who hurt you. Thinking this level of collateral damage and destruction is justified isn't such a moderate take by a moderator lol.

Because Jewish history is one of being expelled from place to place one can understand why Jews don't trust anyone to have their interest at heart but it still doesn't justify doing it to people who never did it to you in the first place. Israel needs to learn to trust at leas its own allies.

The wider context which gets missed in all this as people get lost in discussion of civilian:combatant kill ratios etc is the underlying cause being occupation of land. If we allow ancient claims to land to justify present injustice, we're opening a pandoras box to endless war which no country would be safe from because history and 'countries' are shifting sands.

If ancient claims are part of Zionist logic that would justify Americans and Australians being kicked out or giving land back to the indigenous. 

This is deflection.   They aren't going after the many they are trying to preserve their survival.  Has anybody cared about collateral damage when it comes to Jews?  Do you think Hamas' attack on the Israelis took into consideration collateral damage?  Think again.   Like I said they are just playing to the level of the field.  If you think it's wrong just look at all the wrongs done against them.  Do two wrongs make a right?  No, of course not.  But wrong or right doesn't really matter when you are fighting to survive.   If Hamas wanted to work together they wouldn't have struck first. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

Spain blocks ship from India sending arms to Israel.

Edited by BlueOak

On 19.5.2024 at 7:11 PM, Yimpa said:

How can one have a clear strategy when they can’t even see how distorted their mind is to begin with? 

Agree that is why Netanyahu is a disaster.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

Whenever I am near computer I will put the english part up and show just the beginning of the hebrew just to be more comfortable to read for you.

Screenshot_20240521-155801_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is deflection.   They aren't going after the many they are trying to preserve their survival.  Has anybody cared about collateral damage when it comes to Jews?  Do you think Hamas' attack on the Israelis took into consideration collateral damage?  Think again.   Like I said they are just playing to the level of the field.  If you think it's wrong just look at all the wrongs done against them.  Do two wrongs make a right?  No, of course not.  But wrong or right doesn't really matter when you are fighting to survive.   If Hamas wanted to work together they wouldn't have struck first. 

Like others have said on this forum, I don't believe most Israeli's are intent on killing civilians, but theres enough in positions of power and the IDF who do which gets a spotlight lit on it - including the videos of them bragging and mocking Palestinian death. 

There may be no intent to harm civilians, but there isn't enough intent to avoid harming them in pursuit of combatants/terrorists.

A few bad apples view Gaza as a place with no 'uninvolved civilians' or 'innocents' as has been stated before. Unfortunately these 'few bad apple' are important enough to hold positions of power which are then acted upon in policy and state action. Blockading Gaza, destroying fertile land, hospitals etc and invoking Amalek which obviously trickles down to the countries and IDF's mental framework gearing them up to do the unjustifiable and be okay with it.

The only reason Israel hasn't gone further is because of International condemnation, but they've gone far enough to have ICC charges against them - which considering the US threatened the ICC for is surprising. But it goes to show the level of evidence they have, and the obligation to justice they feel that is enough for them to brush off any threats.

Even putting morality and civilians death aside, just looking at it strategically - what has Israel achieved the past months in terms of hostages, defeating Hamas etc? 

Edited by zazen

@zazen

31 minutes ago, zazen said:

Like others have said on this forum, I don't believe most Israeli's are intent on killing civilians, but theres enough in positions of power and the IDF who do which gets a spotlight lit on it - including the videos of them bragging and mocking Palestinian death. 

There may be no intent to harm civilians, but there isn't enough intent to avoid harming them in pursuit of combatants/terrorists.

A few bad apples view Gaza as a place with no 'uninvolved civilians' or 'innocents' as has been stated before. Unfortunately these 'few bad apple' are important enough to hold positions of power which are then acted upon in policy and state action. Blockading Gaza, destroying fertile land, hospitals etc and invoking Amalek which obviously trickles down to the countries and IDF's mental framework gearing them up to do the unjustifiable and be okay with it.

The only reason Israel hasn't gone further is because of International condemnation, but they've gone far enough to have ICC charges against them - which considering the US threatened the ICC for is surprising. But it goes to show the level of evidence they have, and the obligation to justice they feel that is enough for them to brush off any threats.

Even putting morality and civilians death aside, just looking at it strategically - what has Israel achieved the past months in terms of hostages, defeating Hamas etc? 

That's true for the most part, I still don't know why others here are not realizing that the some and few alt right wing Zionists the Likud Party is the driving force of this Israel/Palestine conflict.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@zazen

That's true for the most part, I still don't know why others here are not realizing that the some and few alt right wing Zionists the Likud Party is the driving force of this Israel/Palestine conflict.

Yeah, who started the ignition of this decade long conflict can be debated but for sure who is driving it into worse off humanitarian conditions can be seen - nothing confirms this more than the ICC even applying for arrest warrants.

Its unheard of for a key ally (some would say they started as one but have ended up as a liability) of the US to be hit with arrest warrants for war crimes - let alone during the process of committing those war crimes as it usually happens much after the fact. 

That the chief prosecutor was interviewed at length and able to say the things he did is even more startling and a sign of the tide shifting.  Unlikely any arrests will occur, but what it says symbolically is something.

Great interview shared on the previous page:

At 17:10min Amanpour reading out the US letter threatening the ICC like some mafia..on CNN..someone pinch me.

Edited by zazen

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Whenever I am near computer I will put the english part up and show just the beginning of the hebrew just to be more comfortable to read for you.

Screenshot_20240521-155801_Chrome.jpg

I'm glad you're doing this. Reasonable voices get very little attention in this conflict. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, hundreth said:

I'm glad you're doing this. Reasonable voices get very little attention in this conflict. 

And I glad to see you again in the conversation. The heat of the conflict emphsizes only crazy and (I dont want to write an unpleasant word that shows what I feel) voices, and doesn't do justice to the real broad thinking spectrum of so many Israelis that for them the country has been hijacked.

Edited by Nivsch

6 hours ago, Nivsch said:

And I glad to see you again in the conversation. The heat of the conflict emphsizes only crazy and (I dont want to write an unpleasant word that shows what I feel) voices, and doesn't do justice to the real broad thinking spectrum of so many Israelis that for them the country has been hijacked.

Yes, it's important to be able to criticize "your side." There's many Jews and Israelis who are very critical of Bibi and Israel's role in the conflict.

Unfortunately I don't see much of this from the "pro palestinian" side. Who is acknowledging the shortcomings of Palestinian leadership, the human rights groups, the surrounding middle eastern nations, the activists, etc. It seems if you've picked that side, they are all beyond reproach because Israel.

We need to be able to be realistic and honest. I've taken a step back from posting here because I was dismayed by the progress in the war and how it was being conducted. At the same time, the rhetoric towards Israelis and Jews at large was becoming more violent by the day. The hope in communicating is to reach someone, and in this frenzy finding any common ground seems increasingly unreachable.

Posted (edited)

BREAKING NEWS: Norway, Ireland, and Spain to recognize a Palestinian State.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

2880px-Palestine_recognition_only_-_upda

GREEN: Indicates countries which recognize a Palestinian State.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Husseinisdoingfine

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

2880px-Palestine_recognition_only_-_upda

GREEN: Indicates countries which recognize a Palestinian State.

That's a lot of greenery...

‘Israeli society is living in total denial’

Gideon Levy, a columnist at Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, has said he hopes that “Israelis will start to look upon themselves and not to blame the whole world for what’s going on”.

“The notion right now in Israel, as usual, is that the whole world is against us, the whole world is anti-Semitic and let’s get together, we the victims of the world. I don’t know how long it will last because there must be cracks,” he told Al Jazeera.

“Israelis should start to ask themselves, ‘Where is my responsibility’? Is it really only the world’s blame? Or maybe there were crimes of war in Gaza. Maybe our leaders should be brought to justice.”

These conversations are not yet being had, Levy said. Israeli society, he added, is living in total denial. “And the Israeli media, which is the biggest collaborator with the occupation, is the main reason why the discourse in Israel is still a blame game against the world,” he said.

Looks like it was made for somewhat @Nivsch and totally for @Vrubel :D