-
Content count
19,503 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Joseph Maynor
-
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
You sound angry. -
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Which is what you are doing. -
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Okay. -
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I am discussing it. No need to he hostile and controlling. -
I think being socially calibrated is important. It is an energy thing. It is also important to realize who gives off incompatible energy and to not pursue those people even if attractive. The sweet people often fly below the radar so to speak and are easily missed. I'd rather relate with kind people than the reverse, even though unkind people can seem more charming or exciting at first.
-
It is actually a fascinating question how enlightenment and happiness relate. Happiness I think tends to be an emotion that comes and goes. Enlightenment is not really happiness, it is more like Absolute Peace despite emotional change. You will still have ups and downs. Nothing changes in that respect. What changes is how you interpret it.
-
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I went through this neo-advaita stuff years ago and saw through it. The message LOL. -
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I don't see it this way. You are free to interpret as you wish though. -
I'd like to see you prove it.
-
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
This is amazing insight and I will think this through. James and I have been going at it for years now. I appreciate his and my perspective in equal measure as you suggest. -
I would love to hear more from you two. I think it is good for discussion.
-
I did Leo's life purpose course twice. My life purpose was basically the same: To help myself and others accept ourselves by use of the mind.
-
I'm curious as to why you think this is primarily what you do.
-
You can't charm everyone bro.
-
Notice how you are treated by asshole girls.
-
But sometimes the girl is the asshole too. This is kinda taboo to say. Every person has pros and cons.
-
Most of you have probably never traveled to East Asia.
-
Joseph Maynor replied to PsychedelicEagle's topic in Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship, Finance
If that is the average salary for San Francisco, I have a lot of work to do. -
-
-
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Wow. You seem angry. Look into that. -
I think being attractive is kind of overrated too. The idea that you are placating to someone is actually not attractive. It depends.
-
There are so many movies that a lot of recent movies are playing with tropes from recent movies and past movies. This is a good time for movies.
-
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Don't knock it until you try it lol. -
Joseph Maynor replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Be very mindful of thoughts and imagine the moving mind as a nut moving back and forth. Now image a double-handed wrench and lock it on that nut so it stops moving. Hold that wrench there with both hands. This is the technique I share for stilling thoughts and I can use it anytime I want, although at first it is best to do this in a meditation session until it becomes something that you just do automatically. I had to practice this for many hours and years to do it at will now. But most of the time I do not want to still the mind.
