enchanted

Member
  • Content count

    1,790
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by enchanted

  1. Americans are still waiting for their $5000 DOGE check and their first tariff check that was promised. The $5000 midterm check will not happen. It's a lie and a bribe that my not even be legal.
  2. He is a genius who writes and speaks so well. Glad you like his work too!
  3. Lower consciousness is like breaking a bad habit: keep reminding yourself to do it less and less until your desired action becomes naturally and is a new habit.
  4. The 20th century unleashed humanity's highest creative musical potential for the first time in human history. It was truly an momentous time. It was also just the boomers enjoying the most abundance the average person has ever experienced and they were having fun. The music was a reflection of this good time. There can never again be another Beatles and another 60 70 music revolution and we are now at the tail end of this era. The modern person doesn't have it as good as the boomers did and the music reflects this sentiment. It will have to happen in another faucet of human life I predict.
  5. This is awesome. Glad to see the forum has some real world application and use.
  6. That's the point. If you aren't interested in where the chain leads you can stop following it
  7. That's good most people don't start fearing their death till much later. I would say it's a superpower.
  8. Welcome to the club and congrats you are getting old. Fully realizing you will die is both the upside and the downside of getting older. Imagine what it like to be in your 80s when any day could be your last.
  9. True, this is unprecedented in a way. I guess the continental US is supposed to be an untouched area.
  10. I used to love Chomsky but his constant bashing of America and the West gets tiring over time.
  11. Interesting you bring up Alex O'Connor because his path of development is truly fascinating and very relatable. He went from skater, stoner, rocker, atheist to entertaining tier 2 themes in a very sober and palatable style that might turn some spiritual psychonauts away but appeals to more rational audience with a similar background as him.
  12. I know it's not your question but if you are looking to get to tier 2 study spiral dynamics and integral theory. Read Ken Wilber's books for example as every book talks about Integral Theory. Once you are at tier 2 everything is viewed from that lens.
  13. Awesome book: Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton on Audible. https://www.audible.ca/pd/B071VCSXD9?source_code=ORGOR69210072400FU
  14. Controversial opinion: I honestly don't get why 9/11 is so different from any act of war that's happening around the world? Is it just because it happened close to home? Or was it the sheer ingenuity/success/scale of the attack? The colonial powers ripped themselves apart in world war 1 (and then later WW2) over seemingly no reason (I.e arms race and Franz Ferdinand killed). Shouldn't The West be used to senseless wars? Please enlighten me. I'm curious why 9/11 is so different?
  15. Liberals indulgently criticize, with postmodern academic glee, their stage red/blue past (colonialism, white supremacy) while praising cultures who are currently in stage red/blue. This is what drives conservatives crazy and makes them hate liberals.
  16. Brandon Gill is such a caricature of a Republican, it puts Stephen Colbert's character on his old show The Colbert Report report to shame. This speech, at the recent RNC convention yesterday, is a great example of the paradigm lock and the idiology that conservatives unconsciously follow. The speech is also a good example of how Conservative sees themselves loving their country more than liberals do.
  17. https://www-aljazeera-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/video/newsfeed/2026/8/13/tate-supporters-rally-for-brothers-ahead-of-bail-hearing-in-miami?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D "Free the top G" protest lol
  18. We need to bring back the idea of mentoring others. I had a parents, older siblings, uncles, aunts, older cousins, God fathers, God mothers, family friends, Scott leaders, sports coaches, elders in the church/community growing up. BUT NOT A SINGLE ONE took a serious interest in me and the struggles I went through. Not a single one was interested in helping me to overcome obvious challenges. Not a single one gave me more than one or two sentences of advice. The advice or motivation I did get was pretty meager at best. I say we need to bring back the idea of mentoring others around us who are struggling especially the younger people. Many of those that are struggling are so desperate for any advice or help but are too insecure, depressed, or ignorant to ask for help. Many young people (not all) crave the advice and attention of adults but in my experience it is completely our of fashion for adults to do that. Not sure if adults are afraid of looking like pedos or what. Please help those around you and spread the same level love and motivation for learning and living that you guys have. Leo is a great example of a charismatic and non-toxic leader and motivator. Do you guys agree that mentoring (in an official or unofficial capacity) is a good thing to do to young people?
  19. @Alexopheck ya this would be awesome if you ran. Also delete anything stupid that you may have said on here or your political opponents might use it against you.
  20. Have you ever wanted to physically fight or harm someone? What is actually happening in those moments? I think it comes down to two main factors: 1 A Failure of Communication: One party lacks the communication or persuasion skills needed to sway the other person to their point of view. 2 Incompatible Realities: Two people possess fundamentally unresolvable, conflicting views or needs. In both instances, language has reached its absolute limit. When words fail, physical violence is utilized as a substitute. This breakdown is precisely where the archaic concept of the "duel" originates. a method to settle disputes when peaceful dialogue is no longer possible.
  21. There has always been an ego and status element to having and sleeping with women so factor that into it
  22. Good luck I hope it works out but if everyone in India and China wanted a car the world would end. Just saying.
  23. I know this a straw man argument but it's still funny. (I vote DSA btw and I don't support MAGA. I do like poking fun at my own side sometimes though).