-
Content count
395 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by AtmanIsBrahman
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to BlessedLion's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to BlessedLion's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to BlessedLion's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@BlessedLion 2 points. 1) You admit that self-concept is very important and does bring results. This is something you can manifest. For the success with women example, you can listen to subliminals for attracting women (if you don't know, these are audios with affirmations put in at a very low volume to target your subconscious). Alternatively, you can affirm "I have great success with women" or "Every woman is attracted to me." This will make you believe it if you do it consistently with an open mind. The point is that you're making your mind believe something without evidence and then it tries to make the thing come true. This is way more effective than cold-approaching hundreds of girls to try to build up "hard-earned" confidence. Nope, just tell yourself you're already great with women! 2) The person in the video claims that they manifested things which could easily be acquired through action. That makes it easy to be skeptical. A manifestation believer will believe her, but a skeptic won't. The way to bypass this is by manifesting something physical -- something that would require an absurdly lucky coincidence or breaking physical laws to happen. If it works, then you've proved manifestation definitively. The problem is that you're being too lazy to try this out seriously and would rather insist manifestation is nonsense, probably because your ego would be upset if it realized effort is actually pointless. -
Academic formatting of writing is very conformist in general
-
Indenting paragraphs
-
I've been contemplating the question, "Can two consciousnesses exist?" I came to the conclusion that the answer is no, and that's why solipsism is true. Here is an illustration: It's impossible for 2 consciousnesses to mutually see each other because that is just a possibility imagined by consciousness. Consciousness is imagining the two people, and it itself is neither one of them. When you're assuming that other people exist, it's because you don't know what you are. You are not the body, nor any object of sense-perception. You are nothing. As is shown in the drawing, the human "you" imagines yourself and someone else mutually seeing each other, but really there is just you seeing the other person. At first you think that "you" is your body, but the body is something that appears in consciousness, so it can't be the one that is seeing. The one that is seeing isn't the brain either, that's just more mental content. The source of seeing is NOTHING. In other words, the thing that is seeing is seeing itself. You are the SEER, and there are no other seers. If you think about it, it's obvious that the idea of two consciousnesses existing is absolutely ridiculous. What makes more sense, that there are millions of consciousnesses somehow seeing each other or that there is one seer imagining all of them? As Leo has explained, there is only one self-luminous Mind that could possibly exist. This means that when you are looking at someone in the eye, they can't actually see you. All people and things are moving sense-objects generated by your own mind, and as soon as your mind stops they will stop moving like a wind-up toy. This is why no one survives your death, as Leo has explained. When you die, all of your imaginings get taken back with you because they were never real in the first place. So being worried about anything happening after your death is delusion -- it means you still believe in an external world.
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to Stick's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Being sick always raises my consciousness. I don't know why, but it does. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I'm aware of that, but more so in the sense that two is one than in the fact that one is two, right? What I mean is that the numbers 1 and 2 are both encompassed within the field of oneness, if that makes sense. This might just get beyond what language can communicate. Didn't you also say in your Infinity of Gods video that even if you imagine another sovereign consciousness, it's still ultimately your imagination and so still one consciousness? -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Carl-Richard you're too focused on rationalist clarity and rigor. -
Yes!! I've been saying this for a while. They basically take you past rationality. I still see people in the forum arguing in rationalist ways and wonder if they haven't gotten the message.
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
So you're saying the realization that seeing comes from nowhere isn't enough to ascribe any properties to seeing, right? I would agree, but it being YOU is not a property. It is an absolute, the claim being that YOU=NOTHING absolutely. I think you fail to consider that people on this forum might actually have direct consciousness of solipsism and aren't deluded or conceptually confused. -
This is a serious thread. I recently got interested in manifestation, which led to finding all kinds of interesting topics such as conscious creation, law of attraction, law of assumption, and even magic. Now, magic (often spelled magick) is defined by Aleister Crowley as "The science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will." This is a good definition; magic basically is changing reality purely through your mind. Why do I think this is real? Metaphysics. Reality is consciousness, and there is really no material world. Further, you are this consciousness. So you can change consciousness (yourself) however you want. It's really that simple. I honestly don't understand how so many spiritual people aren't aware of this. I even saw Leo recently saying something like "the way manifestation really works is that it motivates you to take action on what you're manifesting." No!!!! That is literally applying the materialist paradigm's idea that you are separate from the external world and so you can't change it unless you grab a jackhammer or some lab tools. Lol. Here are some more reasons to believe magic is real: You are GOD! Duh. You think God can't change material reality? Every limit is imagined by consciousness and therefore can be unimagined (See Leo's "8 Unique and Original Proofs of God"). This means there really are no limits. You are imagining all limitation. Mechanisms are an illusion. There are no mechanisms in reality; they are a feeble attempt by science to explain reality. You will never explain the mechanism of anything fully (because it is infinity), you will just get a better pretense of knowing it. Since there are no mechanisms, you can literally manifest something physically impossible. Every spiritual tradition talks about magic. People have believed in magic for the entirety of history. Please tell me your take on this. I'm interested in what your objections are. And only answer if you understand that Reality is Consciousness, otherwise none of this will make sense. @Leo Gura I'd be very interested to hear your opinion on this. I think I might've made a big discovery in this field.
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Has anyone had this same insight? The fact that two consciousnesses can't exist is quite profound -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Your approach is too scientific. But anyways, I'm done defending myself on this thread. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
If I don't get my desire. I'm attempting to manifest some physically impossible things, so confirmation bias isn't really an issue. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
To all the skeptics: For me manifestation is an empirical issue. I'll update if/when I get results, but otherwise I don't think there's any point in talking about it. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Agreed. Thanks for explaining your perspective. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Maybe I misunderstood your notion of solipsism then. I don't see how the ego-you could truly be separate from the cosmic You. The You that's imagining everything has to be the same as the ego-you because of unity, right? -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Ok, you're right on this. But my other point... What happened to solipsism? Manifestors are some of the only people who actually believe in solipsism (at least many of them). Maybe reality is just you're reality and you're imagining everything, including other people and demons. If you decide there are no demons, there will be none, and if you decide there are then there will be. There is no interference between manifestations of different people because everything is your hallucination. Isn't this your exact metaphysical view? -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
But maybe it only works if you're in a positive vibration? Plus most people assume manifestation isn't possible, so it makes sense that not everyone would be doing it. Also, this assumes we are in a shared reality. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
This is a good primer on the law of assumption, one of the key laws people use to manifest. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I think you're treating this too flippantly, kind of like how a materialist would treat consciousness work. Even if everything is your imagination, it might be more difficult to imagine certain things than others for your ego. Manifestation mainly has to do with making small things in reality go your way, such as your career, your physical appearance, romantic partners, etc. I don't know how much of it is legitimate, but it really just has to be tested with direct experience, otherwise you're being close minded. The money thing in practice would be something like this: Affirm something like "I easily attract money, I always have enough" (or listen to subliminals). Do that for a couple weeks with full belief. Then things start moving your way - a job offer, a raise, randomly getting free stuff, a bank or tax error in your favor, finding a new gig. -
The last blog post “All Explanation is Circular” was so cool to see. I was literally thinking of the exact same thing recently, in the same exact words!
-
AtmanIsBrahman replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I defined it in the original post - "The art and science of causing change in conformity and will." Example: I want money. I do some magical practice. I somehow get $5000 sent to my bank account from a random person. -
AtmanIsBrahman replied to r0ckyreed's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
The professor is like the embodiment of the fool archetype
