Basman

Member
  • Content count

    3,539
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Basman

  1. Life purpose is about feeding your muse. IQ might only limit what your good at, which is assuming your actually have low IQ and your not just putting yourself down due low self-esteem. If you have that spark of ambition, why not just see what you can do with it? You can always just get a job.
  2. I never watch the news basically, but I feel like I have more political insight than most people just because of the content I watched, books I've read and thinking about society and human nature a bunch. The daily minutia is unimportant and tends to stress you. It's understanding the macro of the situation where you will make the most sense of things, which generally moves a lot slower too. I have the attitude that if news doesn't reach you without seeking it out directly then its probably not important to you.
  3. I don't get it brah. I get wanting a certain level of maturity but why do you need them to match your spiritually? Or am I misunderstanding? Like, Yodas don't give a fuck about relationships. They all live in caves and under trees (cheap rent). Relationships and family is monkey business. Most people do it naturally and successfully for the most part, almost by accident seemingly, without needing to be spiritual in the slightest. Otherwise you wouldn't be here today. Leave what's god's to god.
  4. Good for her that she's trying to improve, but she kinda sucks ngl. Putting a man through "hell" as a test is the most red flag thing ever. Then 10+ years of "testing" for the effort. Bro must have bad taste.
  5. You know souls aren't real because he didn't burst into flames upon entering the church.
  6. More like gambling. Especially with these shitty coins. I know this one guy who gleamed off a screen at work that the company was going to get sold, so he bought a bunch of stocks after work. Then the next day the company was sold and his stocks got doubled. I think that's technically illegal though.
  7. As she confessed to the murder of her three kids, it's just a question if she goes to jail or the psychward. There's a strong argument to be made that she's basically insane but also mishandled as mental patient (IE. her carers are responsible for the incident is the argument they want to make). That said, I don't think being able to plead insanity should relieve one of culpability. It feels like a loophole to get away with murder, and it does get used like that broadly speaking. I also think that because she's a women she gets treated with kid's gloves, as if women aren't capable of responsibility. It's weirdly sexist and infantalizing. Like, they want to make the case that it was largely the fault if bad psychiatry and that she's basically not culpable. Idk man. A man in the same court room would have a much harder time garnering sympathy. Sorry for going there.
  8. I have a friend who invested 4 stacks in dogecoin back when that was popping off. Bout the dumbest thing I ever heard. Got rug pulled about a day later. He said he wanted to see if he would feel anything 🤦‍♂️ Depresso ass 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  9. I don't know much about investing, but index funds seem like the only sane investment for John average. I'm old enough to know that time flies anyway.
  10. I think they are just scared of success. It is more difficult to live with passion than just follow the herd for your survival. You have to stand for something and put yourself on the line spiritually and financially.
  11. Stage purple peoples are basically defenseless at the scale of nationhood. Their survival depends on a nations good will or just being too out of the way to care about. Uncontrolled pathogens killed 80-90% of them actually. Most Natives died before ever seeing any European settlers. They really didn't stand a chance. And reservations are defeat on a demographic scale if you don't control your own borders. They are basically large open air prisons, not unlike Gaza. They depended on government rations to survive and couldn't leave (also not unlike Gaza). It wasn't until American society liberalized more that their conditions improved as a captive people. In parallel, what it would take for Palestinians to be saved long-term is for Israel to grow a conscious. And in contrast with Native Americans, Palestinians do terrorism, which makes it impossible to relent. A defeated people cannot survive on its own merits, but by the grace of its enemies. Thank though, ChatGPT.
  12. You don't get it, Leo. The potted plants, dream catchers and Buddha statue(s) is non-negotiable.
  13. I'm going to manifest with my mind a big tiddy goth catgirl with a temper . Wish me luck.
  14. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_homicide_rate Mexico takes the cake.
  15. No, they got crushed. They got quarrelled in reserves in forbidden from leaving for a long time. They are lucky that they didn't get eradicated entirely like countless other peoples have who lost an existential war. Its only because America is a liberal society that Natives could advocate for any rights at all. It took many years of avtivism and protest at that. Violence hasn't been an option since they lost the Frontier war utterly. Your morals are making you blind to the reality of the situation.
  16. When an expansionist people starts taking your land its a matter of war and power. You either drive out the invaders completely or negotiate new borders, and failing that you get squashed. The Natives didn't have the power to do either and therefor got squashed. Its not a matter of morals but survival. Settlers weren't going to stop for anything but raw power. They needed and wanted that land. They where people who needed green pastures to survive. That's the general history of many countries. Even Greenland, one of the most remote countries in the world, has a history of deposing a prior people. And the Natives weren't a united people any more than Europe was at the time. Many allied with settlers to defeat a rival tribal. The same happend when the Spanish started warring with the Aztecs. Imagine if aliens came to destroy Russia. Ukraine and many other East-European nations would ally with them in a heart beat. The Natives would have to conquer and unite themselves first if they where to have any hope of resisting encroachment. I didn't call Native Americans a death cult. It's exactly because they are not that they stopped fighting. If they really wanted to they could become terrorists.
  17. Most of human history btw. Genocide is the norm, not the exception when you lose an existential war. The notion of Native Americans as halpless victims is a political narrative central to Native American activism. And activism because war is untenable for them. Its their only viable option. They fought till they physically no longer could (plus many Americans feel bad for them). They aren't a death cult like many Palestinians are. It's not incorrect that they are victims, but moreso in the sense of being victims of losing a war. Settlers didn't have the option of leaving and Native Americans weren't going to give up their territory. It was a conflict that could only be solved through war and genocide and the Natives simply lost. Its ugly, but that's human history in just about every country in the world.
  18. If America became authoritarian, most people's lives would probably not change significantly. You would live normally and probably actually think less about politics due to there being less news. Just can't criticize the government too much. I don't think such a situation would inspire many to rebel and "take up arms" in my opinion.
  19. I don't think Americans would be all that unified against an authoritarian regime if it came to power if many of them percieve it as more legimitimate and American than what we have now. Or just don't care. You have already people who are in support of ICE rounding up illegals and shooting lib protesters. Purging them in camps would be like setting things straight. Plus, an authoriarian regime would clamp down on the press because its better then that people don't think about politics. You might not even know about any purges going on. I think a civil war would be fought by a minority against the rest of the country + the military. But I could be wrong.
  20. The American fantasy of needing to combat an authoritarian takeover is funny because a lot of Americans would probably support it and see it as more legitimate than the current order if it where to happen. Trump's authoritarian and a sizable portion of Americans support Trump. People are at an all time distrust of the government. Why would they fight and die for it?
  21. You will just import guns if your at that point of civil unrest like every other civil war across the world has. Even as is, rebels would still want to import bombs, drones, machine guns, ammo, etc. The Mexican cartel will run a gambit. Point is, I think the militia justification is an outdated idea. Preparing for civil war is schizo.