LoneWonderer

Member
  • Content count

    1,211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LoneWonderer

  1. Ok, this one it's def saved to my watch later list! 😄👌
  2. You are the boss @Leo Gura
  3. We had Honda CRV 1998 when we lived in Africa and that thing was a beast. Only ever got stuck once when we tried to go up a sandune track in an Elephant reserve. Also the thing ran without a hitch despite my mom never doing any maintenance on it because she didn't know you had to top up oils regularly and stuff! 😂 We did well over 100,000kms on it in our six years in Africa as we went on huge long road trips all over the continent basically ever second weekend.
  4. I recently bought a second hand Nissan Xtrail 2009 for 2.8k usd. My previous car's engine died. 😭 I am so happy with it and it's super reliable. I love the boxy style from that era. Not so many boxy cars these days. 150,000km, Good range on a tank (650km), AWD, Tow Bar, Camper mode sleeping ready, mean stereo system came with it, hard plastics all throughout with leather seats interior...what more could you want??? Of course I did get the driver and passenger windows tinted with that ceramic tinting to stop skin cancer and aging from UV exposure but that was the only "upgrade" I did! Refrence image below (note* this is just from the google images but it's basically the same). I'd say in like 5-10 years if these Chinese EREV's become cheaper (even though they're already undercutting legacy auto makers prices by like 30-40% 🤯) I'd look into getting one. I love the idea of these cars from China coming out with ranges of up to 1600km plus on a single charge + petrol engine backup (around 1100-1200km real world range). Maybe in 5-10 years we'll be hitting 1600-1800km real world range! As I have stated previously on this forum I like long battery life/range on my devices/tech 😀.
  5. Thanks for your op. I didn't find it funny unfortunately. To me the movie tried to hard to be what it tries to be. I also found the twists and turn points in the film bland and not what my go to choice would've been. Glad to hear others enjoyed it however. Case in point to my last sentence above.
  6. The Houses Jack Built is only level 3 on that iceberg diagram posted by another user but is maybe one of the more disturbing movies I've seen. Not scary but highly disturbing look into the psychology of a murderous psychopath.
  7. I have finally ordered my Countertop RO with Remineralization system from America I have been putting it off for too long because of high price tag and had been using brita carbon filters for past year and a half instead. I am very excited and can't wait for it to arrive!
  8. On a Seperate note the show "Mobland" is excellent! Season 2 has just dropped it's third episode and the second season so far is just as excellent as the first. Complex world building and realistic stage red depiction. High recommendation and praise from me
  9. From time to time classics hit hard in just the right way: 2016 was a good year. Lot's of fond memories and adventures. ❤️
  10. Do update us with your op post watching. Interested in others perspective. Maybe I've seen waaaay too many movies and my expectations are too high. 1000+ different movies and shows last I counted. Only maybe less than 50 of those where truly amazing over a span of 20 years I've been seeing films.
  11. That new "Digger" movie was just ok in my OP. Reviews from people are mixed and seems about right.
  12. For all the juicy gossip it don't get much better than Area52 and Jesse Michaels. See... I tried to make a positive, constructive contribution to this thread!
  13. @Leo Gura Thank you for your breakdown on the epsiode Natasha shared. I watched it last weekend. I have lived with such rational parents, family & school system my entire young life. The very reason I started pursuing spirituality was because at the back of my mind the thought and knowing was always there: This can't be all there is to reality. No way! And then you would look up at the night sky and think to yourself and Intuit: What the fuck is going on here? WTF is reality? No f****g way those explanations I've been given explain my experience...something much bigger is going on here...
  14. @Natasha Tori Maru Jajaja reading this when already halfway through the talk! 🫶 At some point in the first half David says "Another alpha male like myself" in refrence to someone he's talking about. I die inside. 🥲 Luckily the Rogan calls him out on it...like bro what are you on about.
  15. Found this one interesting. A conservative christian version of those mormons and mennonites from those docs Leo shared on his blog. These are the Bruderhof in the UK. One scene they are all 300 people eating together in a mess hall reminds me of bees. They look just like unconcious NPC's going about their collective survival. Well maybe that's too generous... that's exactly what they are doing!
  16. Fair rebuttal sir 👌
  17. Watching that 2004 documentary 22 years later and our AI's can't even do 5% of what this Leo and Ike super robots scientists envisioned in 2004 can do! 😭😭😭
  18. I'd say for the majority of people a university degree is a net positive. For some who have very clear life goals, the right psychological makeup (such as leadership and self drive) it may not be necessary though even for such individuals I'd highly recommend they invest heavily into self study on many various and varying subjects to become wholesome human beings.
  19. Thought I'd share this one. It's just gone live for free on youtube. Paid for by my company boss as a philanthropy effort to raise awareness on nature conservation and introducing the carbon credit model which we are developing and pioneering internally in the company. Featuring Benedict Cumberbatch, filmed by the team who brought you Ocean with David Attenborough. We all went to see the premier in Auckland last week.
  20. Ok noted. 👍 Doesn't seem like my kinda film genre but hey I'll be adventurous and give it a go.
  21. In my op those two recent films now in theaters, talkin' bout Resident Evil & The heart of the Beast weren't great. Resident Evil had a few cool scenes but both movies don't really reinvent the wheel in any meaningful way. I'd say wait for them to come out on streaming and don't waste your hard earned precious dollars (or chinese yuan for my China peeps!) on the cinema for these two.
  22. @Natasha Tori Maru Got around to listening to that talk yesterday. Pretty sobering when you hear it straight from the horses mouth like that. I liked the second last half were she talks about how we can use these powerful story building mechanisms of our minds to create the favourable life conditions we want. Even though I already knew this, it was a different spin on the "You can create anything if you put your mind to it" cliche.
  23. Great story! Thank you for sharing your experience.