Sugarcoat

Member
  • Content count

    7,957
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sugarcoat

  1. Today the forum has been so smooth
  2. When you look around at your enviroment, the trees and the people, you perceive depth, selves and solidity, and most importantly: realness. That’s the “illusion” . It appears like that because YOU feel real and solid. And your own mind is embedded in it all. Jim Newman said it too… but I’ve been saying it …
  3. It might need rewiring of the brain. But maybe you don’t include brain in “body”. If brain produces mind and self then something needs to end that activity, the mechanism that produces that activity. A person with no self might have something different neurologically if it were to be studied.
  4. Is that synonymous with dissolving the self?
  5. It’s hard to write about because I’m not enlightened myself. I can only speak about how loosening in the self-structure has led to a more emptier mind, that’s why I assume enlightenment to be an extreme version of that
  6. I think you generally attract people around your own level. And I think you’re AT LEAST average human (whatever that even means, you’re not too common imo you’re a bit unique actually in good way). So you’ll probably attract girls around your level (when she gets to know you, at first glance you can attract all kinds of trash ofc, anyone could) . So even if you’re a little pathetic human, she is too!
  7. I hope i didn’t sound condescending or something when I wrote that it sounded almost like fairytale. I am also in the illusion of self and in my own version of maya so it’s something we share
  8. You mean even if you are god realized you can have desire to engage in human things?
  9. Sounds like humanizing god to me. Or maybe you don’t mean it literally
  10. Do you ever get cracks in your reality where it’s like it almost stops feeling as real Example is when I had social anxiety I felt I needed to get over it fully before relationship because I was afraid of being cringe
  11. Yea. But it’s probably an outdated joke for you.
  12. True dying as a human is dissolving the self. It’s the ultimate death apart from physical death.
  13. You mean because transcending avoidance of suffering would entail ending the self so that also ends the other? You have to tell me because I need to know how 😭
  14. I personally have transcended the seeking of pleasure as a human, but not the avoidance/aversion to suffering. Seems to me you need a total self wipeout for that latter part…. Let me know if you ever transcend that
  15. But maybe you wanna live in your little bubble and not pop it I know I just wrote something that came to mind. It was insecurity in my far past
  16. The only thing I can draw similarity to my experience is when I tried 5 Meo dmt it was like that. It’s like the border between you and world melts and it can feel directly scary Idk but if you feel like “I really wanna explore it” then maybe you just have to go through the fear and hopefully it will subside
  17. Wow that’s so cool you’re able to do that. Could you describe more closely how it feels when you start to “dissapear” ? Are you sure that fear is linked to when it starts happening, or are you having fear about the mere IDEA of it happening? Like is it a mental fear about how you imagine it’s gonna be, or is it more a fear that arises in that exact experience directly? I don’t have good advice rather than just sit with it….
  18. You are onto something. I almost wanted to write a post about how enlightenment can lead closer to a vegetative state. I have found myself to almost be in one. So I struggle to reply here. I’ll just leave it at that
  19. Maybe when some speak of solipsism they speak in terms of the personal consciousness being the only one, so it has different meaning than what you said
  20. I see so it’s like it needs a process beyond the mind: like a breakthrough beyond the mind, a drop in the self, etc, for there to be direct knowing of something that later can be conceptualized but most importantly it’s direct awareness of it