Wilhelm44

Member
  • Content count

    2,732
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wilhelm44

  1. And this surrender that happens sober, how would you describe it, what is it that surrenders ?
  2. David Bowie with a whole bunch of muppets, looks like fun
  3. Just saw the trailer, haven't actually seen that one, thanks
  4. Well yeah, what is always already here is beyond definition. I'm just curious about your use of the label called bliss.
  5. Are you truly in bliss when noticing deep suffering of people ? @Hyperion
  6. For me it relates more to moments of divine ecstasy. That which is always here, has more of an ordinariness to it, and yet also extraordinary in that it is the peace that surpasses all human understanding. Yet you seem to call it bliss, so I just find that interesting.
  7. I was simply responding to what you said here: "Bliss is always available. You can open yourself up to it at any time"
  8. You appeared out of nowhere like the angel of death with that message @Mellowmarsh I (and many others) really appreciate your wisdom on this forum. (you already know that nothing will come of this, just let it go.)
  9. Aha, so no one actually believes they can live nonduality.
  10. That's not what I meant. I simply enjoy discussing things.
  11. Okay, so this is all I'm genuinely curious about. What is an actual practical example of a self trying to live without a self ? ie, what type of actions or behaviour might such a person demonstrate ?
  12. Come on you posted a video about changing our minds about nonduality. I thought it was meant to be discussed. I'm simply commenting on the phrase "trying to live nonduality" If we're saying it's a silly idea to try and live nonduality. This seems to imply that there are people who think it's possible to live nonduality. So I was simply wondering about the mindset of the people to whom Tim's commented was referring to. Not a big deal really.
  13. I'm not quibbling at all, trying to understand. You said "What I think is stupid, and Tim Freke has also pointed out is when we try to actually live nonduality". I'm just trying to imagine what someone who is trying to live nonduality, might actually be thinking or doing. (Easy for vibes to get lost in translation here on the internet.)
  14. But you still haven't answered my question lol. If we are critiquing people who are "trying to live nonduality". What are these people practically actually doing to try and live nonduality. They not stepping in front of buses are they. I haven't met anyone who is trying to live nonduality.
  15. Yes, I know, the no self/emptiness thing. I just don't see how people could actually "try to live nonduality". I mean Jim would say that he literally senses the emptiness of everything. That doesn't mean he's going to step in front of a bus and expect it to pass through him. So the so called people who are "trying to live nonduality", I haven't met any of them, so I'm not exactly sure what it is that they are actually doing to try and live nonduality.
  16. What does that mean - trying to live nonduality ?
  17. Okay, so this is not a yogi flying in the Himalayas, but how the hell do you jump up in the air while sitting cross legged. I think they are propelled by a burst of kundalini shooting out of the arse
  18. I experience that peace that surpasses all human understanding quite often these days. I wouldnt necessarily say it's always blissfull as such. Do you have like a constant background of bliss ?
  19. I watched a bit of your jazz lesson video. You look very comfortable on camera. Still need to watch your spiritual videos. How long have you had your channel ?
  20. We could also say that the no self thing is just a doorway, a necessary one I feel. Die before you die.