Wilhelm44

Member
  • Content count

    2,809
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wilhelm44

  1. Free will for the ego identity is an illusion. Decisions arise in awareness, but awareness is not making decisions as such. Your actions matter in the relative, not in the absolute. God is not petty. The idea of punishment is something the New Age adopted from the old testament in the bible. Yes actions have consequences, but it's not coming from a place of punishment. The idea of punishment is like adding an extra layer of suffering. Similarly you can drop guilt and shame for past actions. You are not responsible. You're not making anything happen. Based on your upbringing, belief systems, conditioning etc action happened as it did. The next thought you'll have was not wished for by you. Nothing here belongs to you. Even your most cherished dreams and desires just appeared one day out of nowhere.
  2. When you finally decide to watch that video, you might just find that you don't need an intellectual answer. (If you are convinced that you are right about the way things work, what good will an intellectual answer to the contrary do you anyway ? For example, when something unwanted happens, what actual proof do you have that it happened because you were being punished by some spirit guide. I'm not saying I am right either, but the belief in punishment seems like an unnecessary burden to carry, life is hard enough as it is.) The belief in punishment might make sense if you were in control. Or if God had human characteristics. But you don't even have the ability to decide what thought will arise next. Thoughts arise by themselves. As do apparent decisions to take action. You are not responsible. Believing you are responsible is arrogance of ego. Plus, our actions make no difference to God.
  3. Amsterdam is cool, I was there about 20 years ago for a few days. Had a smoke in one of the coffee shops, super strong, and then got completely lost in the city lol. All the streets with the canals look kinda similar in a way. They did that day anyway. Cape Town has it's magical parts for sure. I haven't lived there, so I don't know it that well. I know that a lot of people have left the city because of crime. You have some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the world there and also some of the poorest. For example, in Mitchells Plein, because of the gang violence, even the cops dont wanna go there. So yeah, you gotta do your homework, because Cape Town definitely has a lot of cool spots as well. The water is ice cold, but I love the beaches there.
  4. Just the way the language sounds compared to ours. Not in character. Do your homework before you travel, it's not the safest place, in fact quite the opposite. The Southern Cape region, like the area between Swellendam and Knysna, has beautiful nature and is pretty safe. Are you in Amsterdam ?
  5. Life is as it is. I suggested that video of Leo's because it's really helpful in the sense that it gets us to see how must of what we believe is just fiction. Getting grounded in direct experience is one of the best things you can do. Blessings.
  6. That sounds harsh. Yeah, try the video, i think it might open you up to a different way of being with life.
  7. How are spirit guides controlling you ? Of course you can meditate on your own. But that guided exercise video of Leo will really ground you in direct experience if you go with it.
  8. How are you working against the system ?
  9. It's not like Rupert's stuff. Try it.
  10. Is it really possible to say "I am" God. Remove "I am". Just God.
  11. I don't think I ever said this reality is an illusion and there is another reality that is more real. "Right now is the reality" Yes I think we still have miscommunication with the separate self thing. (certain aspects have fallen away here) I like this video by Leo, radical nonduality basically says the same. All there is is This/God, remove all backstories.
  12. Thanks, as I said there might be a difference in definitions.
  13. I think we might be saying the same thing in different ways
  14. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the issue is reality and the system" ? Have you watched this video by Leo ? (This is what I meant by direct experience.)
  15. I can see now that ethnic cleansing might be the more appropriate term. (Why do you think though that the international association for genocide studies deemed this to be a genocide ? Do they have some anti Israel bias ?)
  16. @Breakingthewall I'm curious, what kind of a path did you follow, I noticed you mentioned Kali. Do you have more of a Vedanta background ?
  17. Yeah I guess we have different definitions for the separate self thing. But I can't deny my experience, and I respect yours too.
  18. Yeah, I think they use to call Afrikaans "kitchen Dutch". Somehow we find Dutch hilarious, sounds very posh to us. We love the way you guys mix Dutch and English.
  19. Can you pinpoint the moments you decided to have these thoughts above, or did they arise instantaneously by themselves ?
  20. Could be useful to explore some teachings that look more at your direct experience. Rupert Spira for example might be a nice change from new age teachings.
  21. "The uploader has not made the video available in your country" Do you perhaps know if official charges have been made ?