-
Content count
2,700 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Wilhelm44
-
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
-
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
You said earlier you never followed a path as such. You really never read any spiritual books that influenced you in any way ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Breakingthewall From listening to you it sounds like none of the spiritual teachers alive today are actually awake. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
This just shows that you haven't really listened to his videos. Jim doesn't even use the word consciousness. He uses words like Unbounded energy, anarchy, Indescribable mystery etc. I'm not saying I agree with all his statements about reality. But you seem to be making assumptions about what he's saying based off of the name of his website or some soundbites here and there. I think you might be surprised if you actually speak to him. I gave him a call a few weeks ago. There's a profound silent depth there which has an otherworldly potency to it. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
As an interesting experiment, you could give Jim a call and challenge him on these topics. Then you would know for sure. He actually takes free whatsapp calls during the week, 9 to 12 in the mornings EST. https://www.simply-this.com/ -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
How could you possibly be absolutely certain of something like that. I see in Sufism they use the expression: die before you die. Pretty much the same words Jim would use. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
-
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Nice -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Fair enough. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yeah, I feel like there's a never ending refinement of the human in a way. How do you reconcile your two comments above ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
To be honest I don't mind if teachers have a subscription service for some of their videos. In principle I have nothing against spiritual teachers making some money, those that find value and have the ability to pay, then why not. Most spiritual teachers who have integrity have a healthy balance of free stuff and paid for services. The thing that I don't like is when they do a critique of other spiritual teachers, but don't have the kahunas to open the conversation for non members. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Beautiful, thank you. But now I'm still curious, which specific critique/s of nonduality in that video, did you agree with or find relevant in some way ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Mellowmarsh I'm not done yet, but I felt to comment on what I've picked up in the video so far: Critiques from the speakers: - there's a kind of fundamentalism in the way nonduality describes reality. (I didn't hear them mention radical nonduality yet.) - excessive focus on self negation or self denial, ie there's no one here etc - Tim says for him it's more about affirming you rather than negating you, ie the individual with all it's quirkiness actually comes more to life. My comments so far: For me radical nonduality is just like a doorway really, it woke me up to the fact how much I have been identifying with conditioned thoughts as literally being me. It simply got me to see what's here, what's always been here, which can't be named, because it's not a concept. I can't deny that certain aspects of self have fallen away. But personality doesn't fall away. Although there are changes in behaviour. I'm definitely not going around telling people that they don't exist. And I agree with Tim, one actually becomes more alive. As far as the fundamentalism part goes, I think listening to Jim types and Emerson types is actually a good combo. Emerson is very much about unfolding and a freedom from any ideas about freedom etc. I wanted to post underneath the video: please can you have Jim or Emerson on your show, would be interesting. So I found it a bit ironic that she only allows subscribers to comment. (I found the same with James Swartz (Vedanta teacher) who's doing all these critique videos about various spiritual teachers, including Leo, but only members can see those videos. It's like if we wanna have a proper conversation, we need to have a two way thing.) -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
It's good to be challenged, thank you. I started with Jim, then Emerson, maybe this will be more integration, cheers. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Olaf's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Blessings🙂 -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Okay, I'll give it a listen 🙂 -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Then what was the motivation for posting this video, ie what stood out for you ? (Im sorry, i find it hard to listen to Tim Freke for some reason) -
Wilhelm44 replied to Olaf's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
You lucky, you can literally hop on the train to most countries in Europe. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Appearances continue as they do. I was just wondering if you yourself had any disagreement with a specific radical nondual teaching as such ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Mellowmarsh's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Mellowmarsh I am curious, what has changed for you personally with regards to this topic ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Monster Energy's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
You seem to only see evil on one side though. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Monster Energy's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
@Salvijus I hope you can see that your stuck in duality. You have found an object (Jewish satanists or whatever your theory is) and you have labelled that as absolute evil. This crusade that you are on in the name of peace, is literally the same mechanism that starts wars. -
Wilhelm44 replied to Monster Energy's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
And you believe that painting one side as the bad guys will lead to lasting solutions ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Monster Energy's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
If those Palestinians that did Oct 7 had the same power as the Israeli army, what do you think they would be capable of ? -
Wilhelm44 replied to Monster Energy's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
And why do you say this forum has the same problem, there seems to be a healthy dose of debate from the perspective of various spirutual paths etc ?
