Someone here

Member
  • Content count

    15,128
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Someone here

Personal Information

  • Location
    Earth
  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

28,894 profile views
  1. So what you’re saying is it’s okay to kill animals and eat their meat because those animals are not sentient and they don’t experience pain? thats a load of crap.
  2. Please clarify if this for real . my sister’s husband had a cancer tumor in his lungs due to smoking about a year ago and he healed from it through chemotherapy because it was discovered early . There is hope .
  3. below is Quotation from the Holy Quran . chapter 5 . I listened to it in Arabic and I understand the full meaning . I don’t necessarily agree with the Islamic worldview of good deeds vs bad deeds resulting in the day of judgment into either eternal hell or eternal heaven . I just find beauty in the literature and concepts . So it begins by talking about the disbelievers standing before hell fire in the day of judgment and describes their regret after they are made certain that their destiny is burning in hell fire . 27. If only you could see them when they are made to stand before the Fire! They will say, “If only we could be sent back, we would never deny the revelations of our Lord, and we would be among the believers.” 28. But what they used to hide will become clear to them. And even if they were sent back, they would return to what they had been forbidden to do. Indeed, they are liars. 29. They say, “There is nothing beyond this worldly life. We will not be resurrected.” 30. If only you could see them when they are brought before their Lord! He will say, “Is this not the truth?” They will say, “Yes, by our Lord!” He will say, “Then taste the punishment because you refused to believe.” 31. Those who deny that they will meet Allah have truly lost. When the Hour suddenly comes upon them, they will say, “How great is our regret for having neglected it!” They will carry their sins on their backs. How terrible is what they carry! 32. The life of this world is nothing but play and amusement. The life of the Hereafter is far better for those who are mindful of Allah. Will you not understand? 33. We know that what they say causes you [The Prophet ] pain. But they are not really accusing you of being a liar; rather, the wrongdoers reject Allah’s revelations. 34. Messengers before you were also rejected, but they remained patient despite being denied and persecuted until Our help came to them. No one can change Allah’s words. You have already received news about the messengers before you. 35. If their rejection is difficult for you to bear, then if you could find a tunnel into the earth or a ladder into the sky and bring them a sign, you might do so. But if Allah had willed, He could have gathered them all upon guidance. So do not be among those who act without understanding. 36. Only those who listen with an open heart respond to the call. As for the dead, Allah will resurrect them, and then they will all be returned to Him. 37. They say, “Why has no miraculous sign been sent down to him from his Lord?” Say, “Allah is fully capable of sending a sign.” But most of them do not understand. 38. There is no creature on earth, nor bird flying with its wings, except that they are communities like you. We have not neglected anything in the Book. Then they will all be gathered before their Lord. 39. Those who reject Our revelations are deaf and unable to speak the truth, living in darkness. Allah allows whoever He wills to go astray and guides whoever He wills to a straight path. 40. Say, “Think carefully: if Allah’s punishment comes upon you, or the Hour comes upon you, would you call upon anyone other than Allah—if you are truthful?” 41. No! You would call upon Him alone. If He wills, He removes the hardship for which you called upon Him, and you would forget the false gods you used to associate with Him. 42. We sent messengers to communities before you, and We tested those people with hardship and suffering so that they might humble themselves. 43. If only they had humbled themselves when Our hardship came to them! Instead, their hearts became hard, and Satan made their deeds seem attractive to them. 44. Then, when they forgot the warnings they had been given, We opened for them the doors of everything they desired. But when they became extremely pleased with what they had been given, We suddenly seized them, and they were left in despair. 45. Thus the wrongdoing people were completely cut off. And all praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all worlds. 46. Say, “Think: if Allah took away your hearing and your sight and sealed your hearts, what god other than Allah could restore them to you?” Look at how We explain the signs in different ways, yet they still turn away. 47. Say, “Think: if Allah’s punishment came upon you suddenly or openly, would anyone be destroyed except the wrongdoing people?” 48. We do not send the messengers except as bearers of good news and warnings. Whoever believes and reforms their conduct will have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. 49. But those who reject Our revelations will be touched by punishment because of their disobedience. 50. Say, “I do not claim that I possess Allah’s treasures, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I claim to be an angel. I only follow what is revealed to me.” Say, “Are the blind and those who see equal? Will you not think?” 51. Warn with this revelation those who fear that they will be gathered before their Lord, where they will have no protector or intercessor besides Him, so that they may become mindful of Him. 52. Do not drive away those who call upon their Lord morning and evening, seeking His pleasure. You are not responsible for their deeds, nor are they responsible for yours. If you were to drive them away, you would become one of the wrongdoers. 53. In this way We test some people through others, so that they say, “Are these the people among us whom Allah has favored?” Does Allah not know best who is grateful? 54. When those who believe in Our revelations come to you, say, “Peace be upon you. Your Lord has prescribed mercy for Himself: whoever among you does something wrong out of ignorance and then repents and reforms, Allah is certainly Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.” 55. This is how We make Our revelations clear, so that the way of the sinners may become evident. 56. Say, “I have been forbidden to worship those you call upon besides Allah.” Say, “I will not follow your desires, because if I did, I would go astray and would no longer be among those who are rightly guided.” 57. Say, “I stand upon clear evidence from my Lord, but you reject it. I do not control the punishment you are asking me to bring. Judgment belongs to Allah alone. He tells the truth, and He is the best of judges.” 58. Say, “If I had control over the punishment you demand, the matter between you and me would already have been settled. But Allah knows best who are the wrongdoers.” 59. He possesses the keys to the unseen; no one knows them except Him. He knows everything on land and in the sea. Not a single leaf falls without Him knowing it. There is not a single grain in the darkness of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry, except that it is recorded in a clear record. 60. He is the One who takes your souls during the night, and He knows what you do during the day. Then He brings you back to life in the daytime, so that your appointed lifetime may be completed. Then to Him you will all return, and He will tell you everything you used to do. 61. He is the Supreme Authority over His servants. He sends guardians over you until, when death comes to one of you, Our messengers take his soul, and they never neglect their duty. 62. Then they are returned to Allah, their true Master. Surely, judgment belongs to Him alone, and He is the quickest of all in taking account. 63. Say, “Who saves you from the darkness and dangers of the land and sea when you call upon Him humbly and secretly, saying, ‘If You save us from this, we will surely be among the grateful’?” 64. Say, “Allah saves you from it and from every hardship, yet afterward you still associate others with Him.” 65. Say, “He has the power to send punishment upon you from above you, or from beneath your feet, or to divide you into conflicting groups and make some of you suffer at the hands of others.” See how We explain Our signs in different ways so that they may understand. 66. Your people have rejected this message even though it is the truth. Say, “I am not responsible for you as your guardian.” 67. Every message has its appointed time, and you will come to know. 68. When you see people mocking or arguing disrespectfully about Our revelations, turn away from them until they begin discussing something else. If Satan causes you to forget, then once you remember, do not remain sitting with those who do wrong. 69. Those who are mindful of Allah are not responsible for the wrongdoers’ account in any way. Their duty is only to remind them, so that perhaps they may become mindful of Allah. 70. Leave those who have turned their religion into entertainment and amusement and whom worldly life has deceived. But remind them through this revelation, so that no soul may be destroyed because of what it has earned. No protector or intercessor besides Allah will be able to help it, and even if it offered every possible ransom, it would not be accepted. Such people will be held accountable for what they earned. For their disbelief, they will have a drink of boiling water and a painful punishment. 71. Say, “Should we call upon others besides Allah—those who can neither benefit us nor harm us—and turn back after Allah has guided us? We would then be like someone whom the devils have led astray on earth, leaving him confused, while his companions call him toward guidance, saying, ‘Come to us!’” Say, “Allah’s guidance is the true guidance, and we have been commanded to submit ourselves to the Lord of all worlds, 72. and to establish prayer and be mindful of Him. It is to Him that you will all be gathered.” 73. He is the One who created the heavens and the earth with truth and purpose. On the Day He says, “Be,” and it is, His word is the truth. On the Day the trumpet is blown, all authority will belong to Him. He knows what is hidden and what is visible. He is the All-Wise, the All-Aware. 74. Remember when Abraham said to his father, Azar, “Do you take idols as gods? I see that you and your people are clearly misguided.” 75. In this way We showed Abraham the magnificent dominion of the heavens and the earth, so that he would become one of those who possess certainty. 76. When night covered him, he saw a star and said, “This is my lord.” But when it disappeared, he said, “I do not love things that disappear.” 77. Then, when he saw the moon rising, he said, “This is my lord.” But when it disappeared, he said, “If my Lord does not guide me, I will certainly be among those who have gone astray.” 78. Then, when he saw the sun rising, he said, “This is my lord; this is greater.” But when it set, he said, “My people, I am completely free of what you associate with Allah. 79. I have turned myself completely toward the One who created the heavens and the earth, following the pure way, and I am not one of those who associate partners with Allah. 80. His people argued with him. He said, “Are you arguing with me about Allah when He has already guided me? I do not fear the things you associate with Him, unless my Lord wills something to happen. My Lord’s knowledge encompasses everything. Will you not take this to heart? 81. And why should I fear what you associate with Allah when you do not fear associating with Allah something for which He has given you no authority or proof? So which of the two groups has a greater right to feel secure, if you truly know?” 82. Those who believe and do not mix their faith with wrongdoing—they are the ones who will have security, and they are rightly guided. 83. This was the argument We gave Abraham against his people. We raise in rank whoever We will. Surely, your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. 84. We gave Abraham Isaac and Jacob, and We guided all of them. And before them We guided Noah. And among Abraham’s descendants were David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron. This is how We reward those who do good. 85. And Zachariah, John, Jesus, and Elijah—all were among the righteous. 86. And Ishmael, Elisha, Jonah, and Lot. We favored each of them above the people of their time. 87. And We also favored some of their forefathers, descendants, and brothers. We chose them and guided them to a straight path. 88. That is Allah’s guidance. He guides by it whoever He wills among His servants. But if they had associated others with Him, everything they had done would have become worthless. 89. These are the people to whom We gave Scripture, wisdom, and prophethood. If these people reject them, We have entrusted them to others who will not reject them. 90. These are the people whom Allah guided, so follow their guidance. Say, “I ask no reward from you for this. This is only a reminder for all people.” end quote . i might post my own reflections on the passage later . I deeply enjoy reading the Quran .
  4. Like, at some point, that’s just your opinion, man. You think the whole globe is deluded and only you have it all figured out. This is not to attack Leo personally, obviously. But it’s a fact of life that no two people in the world share the exact same worldview. There are reasons why people believe in God. Some people find the idea of there existing a supreme entity who created this universe logically valid. Some people, like your grandma, find believing in God soothing for the soul. Buddhism is also not a religion in the traditional sense, and that’s why it has no God. It’s a practical form of spirituality that tackles problems like suffering and desire.
  5. What’s the difference between saying “everything is GOD” and saying “everything is everything “ ?
  6. I didn’t like the “why people believe in god “ post . Repetitive rant . Nothing new is being said . The same” hallucination” talk and shitting on science, religion, Buddhism , classical enlightenment etc .
  7. I’m feeling less… feelings in general. It’s hard to explain exactly what I mean by that, but lately I’ve been feeling emotionally flat and generally less interested in things. I’m pretty sure this problem is due, at least partly, to hyperstimulation and technology. Think back to before YouTube was even a thing, around 2005. I was little back then, but I remember feeling on top of life. There was a certain simplicity to everyday life that I don’t think I fully appreciated at the time. Ordinary things felt more meaningful. Going outside, playing, walking around, watching TV, going to the park feel satisfying. There wasn’t this constant pressure to be entertained every second of the day. Now I’m feeling generally very bored of life. It’s the same theme I’ve been expressing in this journal from the very start. Modern life is a double-edged sword. It gives us excellent opportunities for entertainment, information, communication and It makes our lives physically easier in so many ways. We can have almost anything delivered to our door, talk to someone on the other side of the world instantly, watch practically anything we want whenever we want, and have endless entertainment available at any moment. But at the same time, I think it robs ordinary life of some of its beauty. We no longer want to go to the park and enjoy the weather. We just want to stay online 24/7. We have become so accustomed to stimulation that simple experiences can start to feel boring in comparison. A quiet afternoon, a walk outside, sitting somewhere with nothing to do, or simply being alone with our thoughts can feel strangely uncomfortable when we are used to having a screen constantly demanding our attention. It has pros and cons, obviously. I’m not trying to pretend that technology is inherently bad or that life was perfect before the internet. Modern technology has given us incredible opportunities, and I’m grateful for many of them. But speaking personally, I’m fully burnt out by the online lifestyle. I think I’ve reached a point where I don’t necessarily want more entertainment. I want to be able to enjoy ordinary life again. I want simple things to feel satisfying. I want to go outside without immediately feeling the urge to check my phone. I want to be able to sit with my own thoughts without needing constant stimulation. More than anything, I want to recover that feeling I had as a kid .that feeling of being on top of life.
  8. Never heard such clarity in tackling the problem of separate self and personal choice more clearly than this .
  9. Truth, especially very advanced existential truths, is often beyond communication. Sometimes, a look in the eyes can communicate what a million words cannot. People don’t understand me. Most people, that is. They ask me, “Why are you so carefree, to the point of carelessness? Why are you always silent?” And my response to them is an even deeper silence. There is a deep-down understanding in me that transcends all languages and all forms of human communication. It’s not a particular insight or a piece of information. I can’t even write it here. It’s something that becomes crystal clear when I’m alone and silent. Whenever I’m alone and silent, I know the truth. And it’s such a great thing that I’ve given up trying to communicate it to people, or even trying to express it to myself. I just live in it. I love it.
  10. I know the Quran was written by Muhammad and that I don’t believe it is the direct word of God, as it claims to be. Nevertheless, there is something about the Arabic recitation of the Quran it feels like a drug for the soul. That is one of the reasons I continue to read it. One of the key differences I see between the Bible and the Quran is their approach to storytelling. The Bible often spends considerable time on detailed narratives, genealogies, historical events, and other minutiae, whereas the Quran tends to be more direct and focused on spiritual and theological concepts. It still copy pastes stories the Bible lolz. That said, both contain moral laws that can be viewed as barbaric by modern standards, as well as passages that appear to contain scientific errors and encouraging violence which is obviously outdated.
  11. Are you interested in marriage and kids ?
  12. I want to build an awesome sober life. That might sound ironic because we often associate excitement with a highly stimulating lifestyle like parties, constant entertainment , things like travel, social media, and always having something happening. And for a while, it can feel exciting. Until it doesn’t. Modern life gives us endless opportunities for stimulation, but without boundaries, that abundance can quietly make us restless, and it’s the case for me.When everything is intense, ordinary life starts to feel boring. We become so used to chasing the next hit of excitement that we forget how fulfilling a calm, present life can be. I want something different. I want to enjoy things without being so attached to them. To be fully present. To wake up clear headed. To have experiences I actually remember. To create more than I consume. That’s an important distinction for me to contemplate and work on .
  13. Then do that if that’s where you are in life . Don’t generalize . Others have different life situations and priorities.
  14. So you separate enlightenment work from personal development work . That’s a distinction I agree with . But why does personal development work have to come first in your theory ? Do you think you can’t become enlightened without first being employed and married and running a business etc ?