-
Content count
2,500 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by r0ckyreed
-
I am in the market for a car they will take me places. Ideally, I am wanting a car with good gas mileage and long life expectancy/reliability. I was looking into Toyota Corolla Cross Hatchback and Toyota Prius.
-
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
If my consciousness is all there is, then why is my consciousness finite? Notice that I cannot see infinitely into space and I cannot hear everything that happens in the universe. My consciousness is finite because Infinite Consciousness is imagining a finite human consciousness. The only way I will become Infinite is whenever I die. If a human had access to Infinite Consciousness, then they would no longer be human, they would be God. The issue is Leo says you are God, but the human you is not God. God is the consciousness looking out of your eyes experiencing a finite mind and consciousness. But this does not mean that the human consciousness, God is behind, is experiencing all of God. The human consciousness is not experiencing ALL OF GOD. It is only experiencing a fraction of a fraction of God. God is omniscient and omnipotent, you aren’t. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Exactly!! 💯 It is entirely unfalsifiable. Of course the only thing I have ever experienced is my experience by definition. I cannot get outside of consciousness. I am the entire field of consciousness. But my consciousness is limited. I can only see so far and can only hear so far. If I become blind, that doesn’t mean that the object disappears. There are probably a bunch of sense-perceptions I do not have access to. -
r0ckyreed replied to OBEler's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
AI is simulating consciousness. It doesn’t mean it has any. ChatGPT doesn’t have consciousness. Here is where you contradict yourself: If you say I am the only mind that exists, then by definition, all humans and all beings are no different than a sophisticated AI simulating consciousness. The AI is Consciousness but that doesn’t mean it has subjective experience. The problem of solipsism is still at play. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
It just doesn’t quite make sense to me yet how a knock at my door is merely hallucinated. From my experience, a knock at a door and a voice that says “hello” presupposes a human is behind that door that I cannot experience but yet exists. I don’t see how you would say the only thing that exists is the door, the sound of knocking and the sound of the voice I identify as human. Whether it is a robot or a human behind that door, I know that when I open the door, I will witness something that was outside of my experience and when I close the door, I won’t see it, but that human still exists and they can even keep talking. I don’t see how you all can seriously defend this idealism position when you can easily test and disprove that it isn’t merely imagination. Saying that everything outside of my experience is imaginary is creating a duality between experience being actual and “outside” of experience being imaginary. If everything is imaginary then that means everything is also real, which makes saying everything is imaginary meaningless. It would only be meaningful if there was something that wasn’t imaginary. But since everything is imaginary, that means nothing is imaginary. I think I have disproven this through my logical argument here. The logic seems completely sound. If everything is imaginary, then nothing is. You can easily test this all by having a friend stand outside your door and just opening and closing a door. Have him stand behind it and contemplate whether your friend exists behind the door. Open the door and realize he does exist. Then close the door again. This time have him talk while the door is closed. Notice you have access to his voice but not to the sight of his body. But that does not mean his body doesn’t exist. Open the door and you will see that God is hiding things from itself. If I am wrong, please tell me how this is wrong? -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
But what about those examples I gave? How do you prove them wrong? This is why I have a hard time deconstructing external world because of bad stuff that happens outside of my experience like the Russia and Israel Wars and Black Lives Matter. Police brutality existed before I was aware of it. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yes in a sense. But the cameras I am hallucinating are pointing to something that I didn’t hallucinate before. There is a difference between inventing/imagining something vs being conscious of something. I was not conscious that you vandalized my car. But the security footage demonstrates that there was something that happened that I wasn’t conscious of before. If you guys say sleep is something I am imagining, then why isn’t your awakening also something you are imagining? If I am asleep and leave my running car in the garage, that running car will still emit gas that I am not conscious of. Even if I go into a hotel with carbon monoxide, I cannot perceive any gas and I’m not imagining any gas at all. I’m just enjoying my vacation. But then death hits me or a gas leak happens. Something I am not conscious of exists outside of my experience. God includes all my perceptions and beyond. If I all of a sudden go blind and deaf, that doesn’t mean color and sound are no longer God. God is still colors and sounds, the deaf/blind human doesn’t have access to them. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Well. What I mean is that my human perception is God but so is the perception of a dog. I just don’t have access to Dog consciousness because God is experiencing a human right now. My perception is all human and it’s all God. But God isn’t confined to my human brain. My human brain is within the mind of God. God is an alien, a dog, a human. I just only have access to human because that’s what God is cosplaying. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Buddhism is a mental trap and so is blindly following any teacher like Ralston, Gura, Spira, or whoever. Those characters are teachers but it is up to the self to decide whether to wake up or remain asleep. I still haven’t deconstructed the external world yet despite my meditation, contemplation, and trips. For me, the stuff behind my head is as much real as the stuff in front of my head. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Peter Ralston argues (which I kinda agree with) that perceptions, colors, sounds, etc. are part of survival. We perceive relative to survival. Our nervous system was adapted to sounds and colors because those senses flourished survival. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I just did with the examples I gave. If someone scares me from behind, then it is implied that they existed behind me before I was aware that they touched me. Are you really going to say that what is behind you doesn’t exist because you aren’t perceiving it now? Because I can turn my head and that stuff exists. This isn’t a strawman. This is just how consciousness works. When I go out to my car and find it has been vandalized, I don’t just assume I am hallucinating it. I assume that someone vandalized my car while I was unaware. I can even view camera footage of that happening that wasn’t in my awareness before. Things have causality to it. Please help me understand how I could be wrong here. I just don’t see how my human perceptions are all that exist. I could lose all my perceptions, but that doesn’t mean sound or color no longer exists. It just means I have lost access to them and no longer exist in my experience. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
The things that exist behind me. I can blindfold myself, put hearing-blocking headphones on, and walk down 5th avenue in NYC and there will still be cars that exist that will run me over. How exactly can I get run over if reality is only what I perceive? How could a car drive without a person and their mind that I do not have access to? Maybe it is an AI that is driving it, but in most cases, it is a human mind that is operating the vehicle. That human driving the car has a race, gender, and story I will never know about. Your toilet exists right now even though I cannot perceive it. You have sex with women that happens behind closed doors. The women getting pregnant from sex happened even though I’m not aware of it. All the children born or are the result of 2 people having sex, of which I never experienced. I have never witnessed a murder but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.There’s so much I don’t experience, but yet it exists. Thats what I mean by the external world. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Yes but that is “when” I do. And I hallucinate “when”. I’ll think about this some more. But in all my contemplations I couldn’t quite break the “external world”. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I think Peter Ralston is correct in the sense that all our perceptions are about survival but Leo is right in the sense that perceptions are Truth. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
But you just made a blog post that “you” are God is not the ego but the “universal self.” If all I perceive is reality, then aliens by definition don’t exist. But this contradicts Infinity. Infinity entails aliens exist even though I haven’t encountered them yet. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I think the hang up is the confusion of you as the individuated ego and you as God. The ego-mind isn’t God since it’s a finite expression of The Infinite. Everything I perceive is survival and Truth. But my perceptions are not all encompassing. I have no access to certain things within reality right now. For instance, I do not know whether you have a cat or not. That cat exists or doesn’t exist regardless whether I know it exists or not. If I say “your cat doesn’t exist because I dont perceive it,” You can take a picture or video of your cat to prove me wrong. Or I can fly to Las Vegas to meet your cat. I could say Las Vegas doesn’t exist because I’m not perceiving it. But I have videos, memories of Las Vegas as well as the potential to fly there. Of course, it’s always going to be in my consciousness by definition. But perceptions are always pointing to things beyond them like in a dream. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
But I could imagine you are a cult leader. That doesn’t make it true. Many people imagine all sorts of untrue stuff. -
r0ckyreed replied to AtmanIsBrahman's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I think what @BlessedLion is trying to say is there wouldn’t be a “you guys” not grasping. They couldn’t grasp since they are a dream NPC character programmed by whatever my mind is dreaming. So essentially, I am dreaming of actualized.org forum with Leo Gura teaching others about solipsism and awakening. But Leo Gura and all the others would be dream characters/NPCs relative to the Consciousness hallucinating them. What I dream doesn’t have a separate consciousness. It is my Consciousness. Leo Gura and all on this forum is an extension of my Consciousness. I cannot access “their” experience because my Consciousness is hallucinating it. Whether or not I am “firewalled” into my own consciousness similarly to being confined in a prison from the rest of the world, I cannot ever know. But when I am firewalled into a prison, I know that there is an “external world” that I do not have access to that I am missing out on. There are beautiful waterfalls, there is Oregon, but I’m stuck in a prison where I cannot see the sun, trees, and lakes. My Consciousness is experiencing being walled off from the world, but it doesn’t mean the “world” doesn’t exist. I should not take the limits of my consciousness for the limits of reality. Being in that prison is like one of Plato’s Cavemen. They are walled off from a different reality, “Other minds”, “external world”. I think Blessedlion is saying the solipsism claim is akin to being one of Plato’s Cavemen thinking the Cave is all that exists and there are no trees, lakes, or other minds but just you in the cave. In this Allegory, there are no other cavemen but you. -
Hello. I was wondering if you all had any advice for getting into crypto investing. I’m a long term investor, and I am currently 100% in VTSAX. I’m interested in investing in bitcoin and ethereum. What recommendations do you have? Do you recommend coinbase? Any common traps to avoid? Thanks.
-
I go back and forth on this. I don’t feel like I have a strong opinion either way. Flock has solved a lot of crimes that would have been harder to solve without it. But Flock has also been misused and there is some concern over how much power should we give the government over the individual. There is no expectation of privacy in public. People can film you without your permission and there are already cameras at stoplights and speed cameras. Flock isn’t just a camera, it is linked to AI and I’m not sure the extent of how much one’s personal information will be involved. We have the 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. Democracy is fragile. Flock has the potential to give the government more power to exploit its citizens. Just a thought. But if we are to ban Flock, then the logic follows that stoplight and speed cameras should be outlawed. Filming in public is a first amendment right, but maybe we need to question this? I think most people are overreacting to Flock even though their concerns are valid. I’m still not sure where I stand, but I may be leaning towards pro Flock. What do you think about Flock?
-
Lambos are waste of money. So are Corvettes. It’s just a status symbol. The kind of woman that I want wouldn’t care what kind of car I drive.
-
r0ckyreed replied to r0ckyreed's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
Lol 😂 -
r0ckyreed replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Enlightenment is always evolving I think. If you think about it, the insights the Buddha attained where categorized as “enlightenment.” But the Buddha scratched the surface of Infinity. No matter how deeply you “awaken” you will always only scratch the surface since Infinity has no end. But even then, God-Realization is deeper than the classical awakening just due to it being more direct and deeper. -
Yeah I’ll do that next time. My friend stored the honey in the refrigerator, which I think could’ve exposed it to moisture via condensation?
-
My friend got 24g of blue honey PE mushrooms with the date 6/13/23. He might give me some. Any advice for this? I did .9g of lemon tek last time. I was thinking of doing 2-3g of the blue honey. He said he is getting some potent mushrooms. Any advice for my potential second trip? I never heard of blue honey PE mushrooms. I’ll post a trip report if I am able to get them.
