Thought Art

Member
  • Content count

    13,514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thought Art

  1. @LordFall Okay, you are just better and smarter than me. I really didn’t know that thank you.
  2. @LordFall I think you are misrepresenting our discussions up to this point saying I’m responding with emotion instead of fact. 1. In our previous conversation I clearly provided the audiobook I was referencing. Have you bothered to check that out? And, the points about Islamic teachings speaking to the heart is something I personally found true. We disagreed on the character of Mohammad, whether or not he was a warlord. During this time I referred to the audiobook and some searches online. But, you continued to disagree and I acknowledged the differences. We then entered into a Socratic conversation but you have not responded. I even responded to some of your insults without insulting you back. So, as for our recent conversation I think my actions suggest my attitude is respectful and informed. I even acknowledged the epistemic challenges we both share that knowing is rare even when using facts and history. 2. Our current conversation suggests we have come to a different understanding regarding Canada’s current economic position and its power in negotiations with with United States. I do not feel I need to explain to you my reasoning in great detail. This said, I do not feel I’ve said anything that implies my feelings of Canada’s resilience is pure emotions. We can not know for sure what is to come. But, from my looking into it I’ve come to understand Canada has considerable power here long term as it remains a trade partner with the United States despite the relationship being ill. Canada continues to be a major player in global economic activity and will become a stronger nation through this. Canada is respected and trusted all around the world and also by all US businesses. Despite what Trump is doing. This is my opinion. I respect yours, without insulting you.
  3. @LordFall Frankly, the points you listed were AI generated and of limited scope, and it was biased towards Canada ending all trade relationships which will not happen.
  4. @LordFall Consider this, Me thinking you are not well informed on a subject vs you calling me emotionally reactive and that I’m embarrassing myself. My opinion that based on what you are saying you don’t understand a trade dispute. That is very different than me insulting your intelligences. Why do I think you aren’t informed? Because I listen to Mark who I trust and I listen to premieres and experts. When what you say differs from that I pushed back on your understanding, not your intellegence or value on the forum. I am not mad, and can see how my wording may have been offensive. My apologies.
  5. @LordFall I’m not sure what you are referring to. @Leo Gura Mark is no Raccoon. @Heaven Then, I stand strongly against you on that.
  6. @LordFall Take care man. I’m gonna step away from responding to you. I don’t appreciate how you are approaching me. I feel calm, open to discussion. But, not interested in ego games.
  7. Old interview of when Trump first put tariffs on Canada. Recent talk from BC Premiere.
  8. @LordFall Going forward when you insult me in your posts we are done speaking. I’m an intelligent man, and I’m also a Canadian who is following this closely. I’ll speak to you when you can be a mature man and speak to me with decency. I want to focus on the subject, and not have to process emotionally why this person just called me stupid and emotionally reactive right out of the gate. This should be common practice on the form. We should think about what we say. I need to work on this too. Grabbing things from AI, narrowing the scope of your badly worded prompt provides what looks like truth about the trade situation but it doesn’t. Don’t preach me to about your competence and my apparent incompetence when you just grab things from AI. The AI response of which is clearly sloppy. I invite you to follow more closely the trade situation and come to your own conclusions. If you want to respectfully share views and opinions on this I’ll be willing to.
  9. @LordFall I suspect you are not well informed on this. Canada is very strong. We are trusted and have many trade partners. These tariffs are taxes on Americans and only hurt the value of America as a good trade partner to the world. These tariffs hurt Americans dearly. Does Trump care? No. You should consider looking at Mark Carney’s resume. He isn’t tough. He is doing his job for all Canadians and even for the global economy. Very few humans hold a candle to Mark Carney.
  10. AI not environmentally viable the data centres aren’t worth the pollution they create, or the resources they waste. They take so much energy and for AI to replace many humans it’s very expensive to maintain. Another issue with AI is that is hasn’t been proven. Businesses truly don’t know how people will use AI and if it can truly replace humans. We over estimate how intelligent we as humans are, even without the pure power we see in AI. We are more intelligent then AI.
  11. Hating Nickleback.
  12. @Inliytened1 Are you okay?
  13. "Even though it all went wrong I’ll stand before the lord of song with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah!!!"
  14. Thought this was about Jared Leto Sex Fest. Man, was I wrong.
  15. @Rafael Thundercat I’m not sure. This seems just like physics.
  16. @LordFall In general, especially with figures of over 1000 years ago, in cultures I’m not expert in… I have learned to realize all my knowledge of them is hearsay and not direct experience. Figures like George Washington are more recent. However, all history gives you is beliefs about him. You can never fully know him, or what was true about him. Though, he likely existed given what humans have told each other and our history. Normally, I would speak as if he existed without the same doubt we have for Lao Tzu or even Jesus. Mohammad, to me as I’m no historian is similar to these prophets, teachers and figures. They are so ancient to trust what any human says about them is not wise. But, I can tell the story of Mohammad that does exist as the story of Mohammad. I assume Mohammad existed all those years ago based on the history and the existence of Islam. But, what is true about him is difficult. I can study books and scholars but that is still hearsay. We can’t know for sure someone existed thousands of years ago but we can assume and generally trust history. But, we can’t know for sure even more specific details about somebody. This is besides the point for me in this post debating the history or Mohammad. I’m more interested in the universal teachings which Islam does indeed contain within it.
  17. @LordFall … You don’t know if any historical person existed… I was attempting to be responsible to say we really don’t know the truth of these historical figures. Which, is important when considering an ancient school of thought and its recorded history. You’ve repeated the history I know. And, I said in this thread the audiobook I’ve been listening to already of why I felt there is something profound in the story of Mohammad, as well of the heart of compassion and Gods love in Islam teachings.
  18. There must be lights burning brighter somewhere Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue If I can dream of a better land Where all my brothers walk hand in hand Tell me why, oh why, oh why can't my dream come true Oh why There must be peace and understanding sometime Strong winds of promise that will blow away the doubt and fear If I can dream of a warmer sun Where hope keeps shining on everyone Tell me why, oh why, oh why won't that sun appear We're lost in a cloud With too much rain We're trapped in a world That's troubled with pain But as long as a man Has the strength to dream He can redeem his soul and fly Deep in my heart there's a trembling question Still I am sure that the answer, answer's gonna come somehow Out there in the dark, there's a beckoning candle, yeah And while I can think, while I can walk While I can stand, while I can talk While I can dream Oh, please let my dream Come true Right now Let it come true right now Oh yeah
  19. « Dont you effing compare apples and oranges » I’ll contemplate whatever and however I want thank you. Actualized isn’t a religion. Islam is. Actualized teaches infinite consciousness, pure philosophy and advanced personal development and more. I to hard to encapsulate something so broad. Leo, I don’t really get the guy. He contains multitudes. Islam teaches God is infinite, all compassionate. It teaches contemplation, regular connection to gods grace. I don’t know if Mohammad ever existed but assume he did. I doubt he is perfect. But, God doesn’t choose perfect he chooses perfectly. I’m not sure of what any prophet truly is. You can take aspects of Islam that work, and are actual rational and link them to wider topics of yoga, health, zen, etc. If you are a seeker of wisdom and can handle not needing to accept everything is a school of thought you can find wisdom. You can take that wisdom., and apply it The heart can sing in its remembering of the union of which Islam can invoke. Actualized, again is hard to explain. How to explain the deepest of trips? Or the paradoxical immaturity of it’s creator? Or, the depths and preciseness Leo has explicated in his profound video catalogue.
  20. There is a difference between wisdom of the heart. And wisdom of the brain. Then, there is the wisdom they conspire on together.
  21. @Davino For its for spiritual nourishment and deepening my connection to God. The heart knows when it’s nourished.
  22. There is a cultivation of the heart in Islam. I’m not saying be a Muslim. But, I suggest you could be a treasure seeker to all the worlds knowledge. Have you felt the ecstatic heart of Islam?
  23. @LordFall I am not arguing there was a lot of conflict in that area or regarding the religion. I am not even saying it made less war. That checks out with spiral dynamics. I’m focused on the heart of the religion. Not just the people in it and what they did or didn’t do. When Gandhi died in the power vacuum he created in India lead to a civil war which killed over 2 million people. His act of non-violence lead to a war. Human affairs can be really messy. I am interest is more on the heart of the teachings of Islam, what what took place for it to take hold over so many. I know I made it out to seem like Mohammad was perfect, but that’s not what I’m saying. Mohammad create Islam. It’s a powerful school of understanding. His actions allowed it to grow and survive. Within Islam is a deep love and profound wisdom. Essentially value of the higher self are central to the teachings of Islam. These are universal values at its heart. There was nothing about it that said all war would stop. That wasn’t going to happen because of how humans are at that level of cognitive, value and ego development. Plus, the survival pressures are so high for all those people. This is why it is profound to create an Islam that can survive. It’s hard for me to explain this. I’m not excusing any wrong doing. But, I also recognize the way of life of an age when something is created. If Islam was created this way today it would be unacceptable to me. I am by no means done contemplating various perspectives.
  24. UK is in trouble. 71% is under drought. Now they are facing a food crisis. Trump shuts down US climate information