bazera

Member
  • Content count

    1,374
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bazera

  1. https://www.actualized.org/insights/should-you-read-the-bible You should see his latest book Great post man! My father used to tell me to read the Gospels to understand God, and I always refused because it didn't make sense to me how God was to be understood by reading stories of Jesus. And the mental gymnastics that Christians go through to defend facts from the Bible and portray them as literal truths like Earth being 5000 years old and Noah's ark being real, is so funny. As if Christian God's existence depends on those facts being historically accurate.
  2. Then we're all fucked by that point
  3. https://www.instagram.com/reel/DdrLo3ORann
  4. Yes it's a matter of preference for the lifestyle. Figuring out what kind of lifestyle you want and then working your ass towards having it is one of the best things one can do him/herself. And there are things that radically alter that lifestyle that needs a very careful consideration, like having kids for example. That's awesome, you seem to be in a perfect position, and the core pillar (other than your innate interests and leaning towards developing wisdom) for that is financial independence that you mentioned you have. I have a full time job which pays good and isn't that exhausting but still, it robs me of many hours and physical energy daily that I would gladly devote to some other things. Also in regards to relationships, I sometimes crave it, but since I don't see a lot of value in being a social person, the cost of entering into the intimate relationship is too much. I would have to do a lot of things that I don't care about, but at the same time there are things I care about in a romantic relationship (based on the last long term relationship experience) like more development posibility, more opportunities to observe ego games and personal triggers, sex and physical intimacy, etc that I'd like to have but all that comes with drama, more social life, more social obligations, and in most cases expectation of marriage or children which I'm not interested in.
  5. Great list, after 8+ years of manual coding and debugging, I do all those intuitively, and that makes a huge difference. That makes an LLM a powerful tool when working on a big project. I have a co-workers with much less experience (and less care for the project) and I'm always anxious and nervous about what they commit in their PR's because they don't have those intuitive skills you mentioned and can't judge LLM code which clearly needs a good judgement until merged to the codebase. But now I want to take it higher and develop further intuitive skills that's more big picture oriented and not framework specific. I've started with this book: https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/designing-data-intensive-applications/9781491903063/
  6. That's being changed rapidly, code written by the newest models are very good actually, if you give them enough context. For me, what has changed is that automating coding part at my job allowed me to think on a more abstract level, and realizing the importance of the meta skill of architecture, which I did to some degree on the frontend side of technologies, but now technologies itself are becoming irrelevant and a good software developer needs to understand these structural skills on a much higher level, or else basic coding tasks are being automated very rapidly. That's why I'm digging into more architectural side's of things now, but hard part is that I have to do this on my free time with side-projects and books because the project at my current job doesn't have that scale and variety of problems to solve. But you have to do that somehow to evolve from just a coding monkey to someone who actually continues bringing value to the company in the AI era. I think every developer should ask him/herself what value do they bring to the table, prompting? code review? nothing more? what are other more higher-level answers to that question?
  7. I have Honda CRV 2014 for the last 2 years, no issues so far. More recent models must be better. I also like Toyota RAV4, considering that one for the next car.
  8. Exactly the same for me man, having family and kids will be such a survival pressure for me that I know I won't be able to do all the stuff you mentioned which I'm also passionate about. Maybe some people can, or even don't care about those things but I do to the point that I will be very miserable if I didn't have alone-time for extended periods of time. The best thing I did for myself is I started living alone at 22 and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I don't think that's because of some insecurity or that it's some coping mechanism or avoidance, I think it's just my personality, I've always been this way since childhood. So yeah, having family and kids would disrupt that. I have friends that can't stomach being in solitude. I have a friend who I was talking to about the lifestyle in general the other day and he told me that he isn't alone 98% of the times, either his wife is with him, his coworkers, etc. And he is happy about it. For me personally, that would be like hell, thinking about that gives me the same feeling I get when I look at videos of cave explorers stuck in super tight caves suffocating. So yeah, maybe family and kids it's not for some of us. I already have a nephew so I'm also on the path of becoming a cool uncle, lol.
  9. https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1wul3xo/grusch_describes_nhiversusnhi_conflict_left/ This is a clip from that new Rogan podcast. Soo, the guy says that the reptilians and the grays were fighting in the skies, reptilian tic-tac shaped craft got crashed and reptilians killed US soldiers, then soldiers killed reptilians. What do you guys think about this
  10. What's your day-to-day diet like? Like for 80-90% of the times, what do you eat? I try to lose weight while building muscle and here's what I eat: protein pancakes (protein powder, banana, egg) chicken breast + rice / buckwheat eggs cottage cheese tuna salad some fruit That's it basically. 1900-2000 calories and 160g protein. And on the weekends I might switch and bring in some variety, but still stay in these caloric range. What about you?
  11. All of them? oh man, that sucks, sorry to hear.
  12. https://www.actualized.org/insights/alien-planet-documentary @Leo Gura There's actually a Netflix series like that: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13464340/?ref_=vp_close I haven't seen it though but looks cool.
  13. Looks delicious! Is that chicken on top?
  14. What are your thoughts on one day having a family with children? Does all this dating stuff culminate with that in your vision of your life?
  15. Yes I rotate between buckwheat, rice, potatoes. Some mornings I eat some bread with honey for energy before exercise. I eat 90% the same food each day so planning doesn't take too much time, I plan and then follow through for 2-3 weeks, then change stuff a bit when I'm bored and repeat. I'm in the middle of caloric deficit so losing fat while building muscle, once I get to target weight I'll ramp up calories to 2.8-3k and that will let me have more variety in a diet.
  16. Interesting. Did you develop that through practice from scratch or it that something you always could?
  17. I remember (if I'm not mistaken) you saying in one of the older videos that it wouldn't surpirse you to see a monk levitating. What made you change your minid?
  18. Good points. The idea of development should be attractive to a guy even if he doesn't date. Yes it's true that dating, mating and seeking sexual gratification can become the motivation to improve yourself in many ways, but if the motivation comes from other places like for example if you want to be healthy for the sake of health and feeling good, if you want to be financially independent because you value free time and being capable in the world, if you want to be humorous because it's just a fun way to be! etc, you find that you're naturally becoming more attractive to women as well. Yes you're right in that modern men and women have a unique challange of navigating postmodern western dating market, and many people cling to old ways. Like for example in my country many people still think in rigid men/women roles, especially older folk, but the reality is that the provider role has shifted from mainly men to men/women and that changes stuff, as you mentioned. If in the past man's main motivation to become a good provider was the wellbeing of his wife and children, now women can also take care of that (which is a great modern achievement).
  19. https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/16098910-letting-go I think this can help you a lot, read it. Also, why do you think a book can make you lose awareness? What do you mean by that? It's just a new information, it's up to you how you use it.
  20. Use claude-design to generate a desent UI for your website. Just describe what you want in details and see what comes up.
  21. Programming made me cry in the past, but those were not the tears of joy
  22. Do you think it's fine to spend 20s and 30s experimenting with stuff, even 40s? If you hadn't found your passion earlier in life, would you feel urgency in your 30s to finally find it?
  23. I also find that true for maintaining consistent practices like meditation or even exercise. Work ethic translates to all these fields. And if there is no work ethic every endeavour that needs consistency over times struggles a lot. As for faking greatness, just look at Tates. It's a comical example of what happens when you fake success. But maybe not all examples of fakeness ends like that. Some motherfuckers are just lucky till the end, but it's not something to role-model or aspire.
  24. How long did it take to see results on your head? I've just started using 2ml a day topical, it's been 2 weeks, and I've heared I have to give it at least 6 months to see if it works or not.