-
Content count
1,381 -
Joined
-
Last visited
About bazera
-
Rank
- - -
- Birthday 02/01/1996
Personal Information
-
Gender
Male
Recent Profile Visitors
13,161 profile views
-
bazera replied to Majed's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@Majed Yes but at the same time, money is the only thing that gets you out of wage-slavery and gives you freedom to pursue whatever you want. Of course it won't solve anything existential, but it will free your time and energy to actually spend them on things you really care about. On a collective level, yes, I'd agree. Also known as survival. Money helps with survival, and people mostly care about survival so money becomes very important in that regard. -
bazera replied to BlessedLion's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
If manifestation was real than all the government intelligence agencies would have manifestation departments And what if those are false in my experience, so you suggest bullshitting myself to the point that I blindly believe my own drilled-in bullshit just to then act out of that belief? Some things just can't be learned without going through the experience of doing it, especially attracting women if you lack the skills for it. Affirmations won't make you effective at it. Maybe it can motivate you to do more action. -
Guys just parrotting and mindlessly repeating words of Owen Cook when he says "say it". It's in all of his videos. It's so cringe.
-
https://www.actualized.org/insights/what-is-death @Leo Gura If death is infinity and eventually we'll realize that after physical death, why bother Waking Up before physical body dies? If there is no judgement in the end and nothing we do here has any point ultimately, why bother living a Good life? Why bother anything at all? My answer to that would be that why not, what's the alternative? Alternative is a totally unaware selfish life, being an animal basically with some cognitive abilities. I can't exactly pinpoint why that is wrong per say, other than that it feels bad, it's highly biased living which after some point becomes a source of suffering by itself. But suffering is kinda irrelevant because truthful leaving also comes with it's own suffering. The bias itself makes it not okay because it isn't objective, it's just a bias. The reason I'm asking this is that lately I've been overly stressing myself for failures over my attempts of deliberate & conscious living, and that post on Death got me thinking if my attitude was correct. Was wondering what were your thoughts on that.
-
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't aware of potential mercury in a tuna, I've been eating a can of tuna most days because it's very low in calories and high in protein, I'm in a caloric deficit and trying to keep protein numbers high to not lose muscle, and it was a good deal. I'll look into it more, probably reconsider the amount.
-
Why? I eat it cause of high protein.
-
@Miguel1 Hey, I have one question. Would you be willing to marry a woman who is very developed, spiritually advanced, maybe even more then you, but isn't as good looking as you'd like?
-
https://www.actualized.org/insights/should-you-read-the-bible You should see his latest book Great post man! My father used to tell me to read the Gospels to understand God, and I always refused because it didn't make sense to me how God was to be understood by reading stories of Jesus. And the mental gymnastics that Christians go through to defend facts from the Bible and portray them as literal truths like Earth being 5000 years old and Noah's ark being real, is so funny. As if Christian God's existence depends on those facts being historically accurate.
-
Then we're all fucked by that point
-
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DdrLo3ORann
-
Yes it's a matter of preference for the lifestyle. Figuring out what kind of lifestyle you want and then working your ass towards having it is one of the best things one can do him/herself. And there are things that radically alter that lifestyle that needs a very careful consideration, like having kids for example. That's awesome, you seem to be in a perfect position, and the core pillar (other than your innate interests and leaning towards developing wisdom) for that is financial independence that you mentioned you have. I have a full time job which pays good and isn't that exhausting but still, it robs me of many hours and physical energy daily that I would gladly devote to some other things. Also in regards to relationships, I sometimes crave it, but since I don't see a lot of value in being a social person, the cost of entering into the intimate relationship is too much. I would have to do a lot of things that I don't care about, but at the same time there are things I care about in a romantic relationship (based on the last long term relationship experience) like more development posibility, more opportunities to observe ego games and personal triggers, sex and physical intimacy, etc that I'd like to have but all that comes with drama, more social life, more social obligations, and in most cases expectation of marriage or children which I'm not interested in.
-
Great list, after 8+ years of manual coding and debugging, I do all those intuitively, and that makes a huge difference. That makes an LLM a powerful tool when working on a big project. I have a co-workers with much less experience (and less care for the project) and I'm always anxious and nervous about what they commit in their PR's because they don't have those intuitive skills you mentioned and can't judge LLM code which clearly needs a good judgement until merged to the codebase. But now I want to take it higher and develop further intuitive skills that's more big picture oriented and not framework specific. I've started with this book: https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/designing-data-intensive-applications/9781491903063/
-
That's being changed rapidly, code written by the newest models are very good actually, if you give them enough context. For me, what has changed is that automating coding part at my job allowed me to think on a more abstract level, and realizing the importance of the meta skill of architecture, which I did to some degree on the frontend side of technologies, but now technologies itself are becoming irrelevant and a good software developer needs to understand these structural skills on a much higher level, or else basic coding tasks are being automated very rapidly. That's why I'm digging into more architectural side's of things now, but hard part is that I have to do this on my free time with side-projects and books because the project at my current job doesn't have that scale and variety of problems to solve. But you have to do that somehow to evolve from just a coding monkey to someone who actually continues bringing value to the company in the AI era. I think every developer should ask him/herself what value do they bring to the table, prompting? code review? nothing more? what are other more higher-level answers to that question?
-
I have Honda CRV 2014 for the last 2 years, no issues so far. More recent models must be better. I also like Toyota RAV4, considering that one for the next car.
-
Exactly the same for me man, having family and kids will be such a survival pressure for me that I know I won't be able to do all the stuff you mentioned which I'm also passionate about. Maybe some people can, or even don't care about those things but I do to the point that I will be very miserable if I didn't have alone-time for extended periods of time. The best thing I did for myself is I started living alone at 22 and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I don't think that's because of some insecurity or that it's some coping mechanism or avoidance, I think it's just my personality, I've always been this way since childhood. So yeah, having family and kids would disrupt that. I have friends that can't stomach being in solitude. I have a friend who I was talking to about the lifestyle in general the other day and he told me that he isn't alone 98% of the times, either his wife is with him, his coworkers, etc. And he is happy about it. For me personally, that would be like hell, thinking about that gives me the same feeling I get when I look at videos of cave explorers stuck in super tight caves suffocating. So yeah, maybe family and kids it's not for some of us. I already have a nephew so I'm also on the path of becoming a cool uncle, lol.
