-
Content count
6,255 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by aurum
-
aurum replied to Anton Rogachevski's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
4 dates? How long have you known this person? -
aurum replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
It still doesn't seem effective. I'm going to assume by "awakened state" you do not mean existing as pure, formless, Godhead. Because there's no way you're making that your baseline state. If by awakened state you mean a moment by moment understanding of what this is, what your reality is, then yes I'm made much progress in that area. My clarity is better than it's ever been. It's so obvious what reality is and how it couldn't be anything else. This is pure consciousness. That said, I still think my understanding could be deepened. So I'm not claiming any sort of end state. -
aurum replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I've done years of all that. Some of the practices seem to have an energetic effect, depending on how you want to define energy. I think transmissions are mostly BS though. I'll believe it has that effect for you. But that's just not my experience. I've easily done over a thousand hours of meditation and that's also not my experience. I do not get any sense of unwinding energy. And that has not seemed to hamper my awakening at all. -
aurum replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I read vibes from teachers. I would not say I have experiences of "subtle energy". Shaktipat from Esmann does nothing for me. No effect. -
aurum replied to Carl-Richard's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I notice nothing from watching Jan Esmann. -
If you're having sex, it doesn't matter at all. Just have sex when you want and forget about it otherwise. It only matters if you're single and looking to meet someone. In that case, I find it's good to cut down since too much ejaculation can diminish some of your motivation. You'll pass up opportunities you shouldn't.
-
aurum replied to Anton Rogachevski's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
How'd you do it? Good work. -
He's been doing IFS for years now. Nothing new there.
-
aurum replied to mac99's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
@mac99 what you experienced was your true nature. Which is indeed a powerful experience. If you want to know about the purpose to life, I’d focus on figuring out what exactly that was you briefly experienced in the weight room. You got a glimpse of something, but there’s much more. -
aurum replied to mac99's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Do you know that's true? -
aurum replied to mac99's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
In the what? -
Wait till Bryan realizes he wasn't born and can't die. That'll be a laugh.
-
It's not that I automatically think it's trivial. I agree that if guys have genuine bad habits, you might benefit from nofap. It's more so that I think the benefits are overstated. Especially if you're already relatively healthy. For a guy with decent habits, nofap is not going to do much. It'll probably make you somewhat hornier. You're not going to see some superhuman increase in energy, confidence or magnetism. If someone disagrees with me, you're more than welcome to run your n=1 experiment and report your results. I've experimented over the years and this is my conclusion. It's overrated, but potentially powerful if you're in a bad way.
-
NoFap is good for increasing your motivation to get laid and maybe unwiring serious porn addiction problem. But that’s about it.
-
Those things are very much related. What other reason do you think there is for anger? All anger is about protection and asserting oneself.
-
No offense but you probably don’t have the requisite experience to appreciate what I’m saying. It’s a nuanced point. Context matters. Yes, obviously being stoic, funny, non-attached can also be attractive at times.
-
I agree with that. My dad had some anger issues so I have a bit of familiarity. I still think you're downplaying the actuality vs potential aspect though.
-
Only potential?? I agree that anger is not always attractive. It can be socially damaging, immature, out of control or otherwise problematic. But it is not just potential that women are attracted to.
-
To be clear for anyone following, that wasn't a license to be a raging dickhead. Knowing how to control yourself, and what is or isn't appropriate, is essential.
-
Yes great point. Men need to learn a proper relationship with their anger.
-
It's n=1, plus many advantages the average person will not have. No one can afford to do the testing he does unless you're basically a billionaire.
-
I see. Yes, I know what this is. I have heard good things about shockwave from providers I know who use it. I don't know if it's something you'd want to do everyday, but it seems like it can help people with inflammation conditions, e.g tendonitis. It'll be interesting to see how daily application works out for Bryan. He tends to experiment and drop things a lot.
-
I don't know that reference. My guess is probably not, if he's specifically doing it for joint health.
-
Sprinting while running is high impact. Not nessesarily the best from a longevity standpoint, especially if you're getting older. If you sprint on the beach / sand, it's less impact and trains a lot of other areas. You just can't do Vo2 max training that way since you likely won't hit max oxygen consumption.
-
Most women will be attracted to anger in men.
