aurum

Member
  • Content count

    6,264
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aurum

  1. Amateur tradwife porn.
  2. @SmartMonkey Yes Marshall Rosenberg is the original source material.
  3. That only works to a certain degree. Being non-needy and peaceful is not enough to build a serious relationship. It takes very deliberate intent.
  4. Most likely not, as long as you have proper expectations about your options and you're willing to work for it. But strictly speaking, you cannot know if it's futile until you either succeed or fail. That's the uncertainty of life.
  5. Why even have this as a goal?
  6. Curious if anyone has read Intimate Communion by David Deida. It's the best book I've found on what a spiritual romantic relationship might look like.
  7. I will say that if spiritually advanced humans can't find a way to have at least some relationships, you can kiss any hopes of a highly conscious civilization goodbye.
  8. Start with considering in what ways conservatives are actually right.
  9. You are not separate from any sort of higher beings.
  10. A woman's trust is without a doubt the most amazing thing to me. The older I've gotten, the more I appreciate it. I also really appreciate / am mildly jealous of how rich their inner experience seems. When I interact with a feminine woman, it's like she's so deeply tuned into every aspect of her experience. I am like a dead rock compared to her.
  11. Not good enough that most health problems come from bad politics. I'm aware of all the hospital crap, I've actually worked in health care. It doesn't change the fact that if you stripped all the BS bureaucracy, you would not solve the majority of health problems. We don't have that level of control. In the future, perhaps we will have more control.
  12. No, the problem is way more fundamental than that. We're just not that good at medicine.
  13. The reality is that "root causes" cannot always be identified or addressed. It's often just a lot more pragmatic to address symptoms. This is a not a fault of doctors per se, it's just the limitations of medicine and our abilities.
  14. Fair. But also, people inflating their stage of development does not invalidate the existence of higher stages of development. I would not let people’s misunderstanding poison a genuinely useful lens.
  15. Even if we had the development for the most utopian leftist ideals, I still imagine there would be many flaws. How can you possibly privilege a finite value like egalitarianism and expect utopia? Utopia cannot just be equality, because finite equality is not absolutely good.
  16. 23 is way too young to expect to have mastered all of this, especially if you have known mental illness. Just put your head down and keep chipping away at it, best you can.
  17. The universe is not an electron. The part about Oneness is correct though.
  18. Theoretically, but that doesn't mean you will. Ask yourself: what is the intelligent function of limits? Why do you think God imagines limits in the first place? You're certainly welcome to try to imagine whatever you want. In fact, it's probably better if you test it for yourself. But I think you will find your abilities to be quite limited.
  19. Unless you are imagining that you can't.
  20. But God can also imagines material reality. That includes its limits. In which case, you will have to play by the rules of material reality.
  21. I've never felt the need to block anyone. My breakups have all been pretty reasonable, all things considered.
  22. I wouldn't say it's that nebulous. It's pretty clear what most people mean when they talk about social circle. It is on a spectrum with cold approach though. So in that sense, it's nebulous.
  23. The point was that "pure" cold approach often starts to look like social circle when done well. They're not mutually exclusive strategies. They blend. And anyone who is successful at one mixes elements of both. It just depends on what you're good at and what kind of lifestyle you want.