LordFall

Member
  • Content count

    4,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LordFall

  1. @Inliytened1 Here is a post I just read where a man admits to his main partner that he's falling in love with another woman and she's reflecting on her feelings on it and the concept of loving two people and ends up happy for him just a bit envious that she's not falling in love with her 2nd boyfriend as well yet.
  2. @something_else Being able to see an image of the asset somebody else owns is pretty limited though. You don't get much of the value of that yourself. Here is a picture of a million dollars, enjoy. I think your point on copyright is the strongest but the legal system will eventually adopt it if the trend starts taking off. Crypto is being legislated across the US federal system as we speak. Digital assets are obviously worth a lot. You can argue that your money in a bank account is the best example that's so mainstream that it's hard to remember that once upon a time people thought that digital banking was a scam and would never take off. My own dad has never shopped online because he thinks it's too likely that he'll get scammed. Amazon seems to be doing just fine without him. Not that along ago people were confused about the internet and some prominent and smart people flat out came out to say it was a fad and a pretty useless technology. Paul Krugman (Nobel Laureate in Economics) In 1998, Krugman wrote an article for Red Herring stating: "By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's." He argued that e-commerce growth would stall as people realized that moving physical goods was still bound by traditional logistics. I think NFTs will most likely be the same thing. Why on earth do we trust random corporations that fundamentally have different incentives than us to hold our assets? It makes no sense. A universal ledger that keeps the account of everything impartially just makes sense.
  3. It is possible. What are you gonna do about it?
  4. Absolutely. If you get a return on your donations, then you can afford to do it continuously. This is how people end up starting powerful non-profits that change the world. If your donations are not sustainable then it usually ends up being a one off that makes you feel better but doesn't end up really impacting the causes you care about and solving the problem. An average worker quietly donating 5% of their paycheck saves a handful of lives over a decade. A creator like MrBeast monetizing the process generates millions of dollars in production leverage, sponsors, and AdSense, funding hundreds of wells. The moral purist focuses on personal virtue; the operator focuses on total capital deployed to the problem.
  5. Hyggelig å møte deg, Jan Fredrik. Gratulerer med å komme ut på Actualized.org, et veldig modig steg. 🫡 If you're cute maybe we can hangout sometime
  6. Yeah, you're right it takes a lot of research to understand. Around that time I researched around 200 hours of crypto and read a book on it and I basically gave up because I realized it was still too complicated to bet my future on and some dudes smarter than me spent 20,000 hours researching it and had millions to hire teams of analysts so I couldn't really find a competitive advantage. I was a big fan of video games growing up and I was a semi pro gamer at once called League of Legends and I actually mostly quit when I got into pickup and business to your point on the other thread about taking women as a conquest haha. Fundamentally though I do believe video games had peaked as a medium for the past 10 years almost and there haven't really been new innovations until now over the next years with AI npcs, generative graphics, web 3 economy, augmented reality and virtual reality. Fortnite was basically the peak of the medium in terms of mainstream appeal but the next big hit will incorporate one or many of the things I mentioned I would and will bet on it.
  7. I'm not really interested in pokemon cards themselves. 3 main concept interest me: 1) Why are Pokemon cards worth so much as an emerging asset class? What makes people go crazy for them? 2) What other similar products will similarly rise in value over the next 10 years and become viable businesses/investments out of thin air? 3) What lessons can I learn from it for the products I'm building myself? Influencers will shill whatever is hot and shiny, I got into crypto myself around that time so I remember how the market moved. I never bought NFTs but I researched them.
  8. @Joshe You don't need to be friends with chicks to get laid though. Completely possible to creampie someone within 3 hours of meeting them. Some do it faster with nightgame but it's not really my forte. I like online dating because a lot of girls are DTF right away, you just need to worry about logistics and escalation and you're good to go. My roommate in Toronto was way smoother than me. He would meet girls at the bottom of our building, start making out with them up the elevator and walk past us as we were watching TV in the living room and fuck within like 10 mins. A few times he got the girls to agree to a gangbang and we fucked them too. Chicks are usually even freakier than men, you just have to give them the opportunity to unleash it.
  9. Of course. Fighting is just an elevated concept of competition. Competition is a great survival strategy as it lets you outcompete people and take their value. I think Leo talked about it in his libertarianism video but wars and slavery started after the agricultural revolution. Beforehand wars and tribal warfare were a net negative, tribes didn't have much wealth and you had a high likelihood of dying and getting injured through fighting. Agriculture let humanity store massive amounts of value in predictable timeframes. So a group of bandit could fuck around and just raid farmers in the Fall in the harvest season and outcompete them. If you take them prisoner and get them to farm for you then even better you don't even have to raid them each year. Until our current era of technology that's gotten so effective to the point of world wars killing millions and the interesting mechanism of the nuclear bomb that makes true conflict suicide for everyone involved. There is a very scary concept that's about to come out that might end this balance and bring back the era of warfare: killer bots I think it's extremely important that we see this coming and make strong peace treaties and build mutually beneficial arrangements so there is no incentive to start waging wars en masse with these cheap weapons of destruction. With the way geopolitics is going right now though that seems optimistic. Ironically seems like reality was all predicted a long time ago. The Bible talked about 7 years of tribulation before AI came to earth. To me that sounds like 7 years of WW3 until we have an AI post scarcity utopia world peace.
  10. Those are more than fair criticisms. It's very important to understand how things are sold and where the value comes from. The classic case used for this concept is the California Gold Rush where most people lost their time and money and apparently shovel makers made a killing such as Samuel Brannan. What I'm pointing to though is that Gold was never the scam. I'm not saying to go out now and buy X or Y NFT project cuz it's gonna FuckIng GoCrazYBro IPromise(although maybe tbh) but it's more of a discussion to predict the phenomena and how we can best position ourselves from it. My fundamental thesis is this, 2027 will be the year that generative AI products start booming. Both games and animes/show built around it will start popping up. It will be the start of the wave and 2028 and 2029 will be when it really starts to grip society. That plus AI agents that start to labor for you 24/7. I think that will be great for the consumer, we'll start to get the best entertainment we've ever had. How does that really help us though? It doesn't unless there is value added to our lives around it. That's where I think trading collectible assets make so much sense. Pokemon cards are the proof of concept for it. There are plenty of people that don't have jobs, they just build Pokemon card businesses! That's just the start and I think in 2030s it will become a wide industry just like becoming a Youtuber/Tiktoker is now. Think about it, idk if you guys are gamers but Pokemon Cards actually fucking suck. I have some I bought some to check it out and I tried to play it. It's actually ass of a product. It's just the best there is now. In 10 years from now there will be 20 other competing products that will be way better and augmented reality/virtual reality will take over to create great products around it. It'll be a mainstream thing fully integrated into social media. The next Pokemon will be worth 10x so $1.5 trillion instead of the $150 billion that Pokemon has generated lifetime. It could very well be Legend of the Abyss boys and girls stay tuned I'm taking down these clowns
  11. @Scholar I agree. Also I think the easiest train of thought to go down is murderers are bad. Kill murderers = good! I think we can surely do better then that. Let's actually examine the facts around this issue. As I've said criminology is a widely studied field and the question of the death penalty has been heavily debated since 1764 with the philosopher Cesare Beccaria releasing On Crimes and Punishments so we're not starting from scratch here.
  12. We switched the goalpost here. We went from killing animals creates an imbalance in the spiritual world to killing them is fine but only if you don't have self-awareness. If a bear eats someone's kid I think it's gonna create quite an imbalance in that family whether or not the bear has self-awareness or not. Are we not just trying to apply human concepts to the universe as a whole here?
  13. Avec du jambon bien sûr, et même des champignons! Moi, j'adore.
  14. Download all the dating apps. If you don't have good pictures take friends and host a photoshoot this week, you can do it with a good iPhone. Use this as a guide for reference and send me the pics you've taken once you have them and I'll tell you how to edit them. Usually Tinder and Hinge are the best but if you like freaky girls(you said you didn't but hey you said you wanted to get laid. The freaks like to freak!) Feeld is the move. Tinder Platinum + 10 boosts should be a pretty decent place to start. Schedule 4-5 dates this week and meet them as humanly close to your place as possible. If there is a bar 5 mins from your place that's the move. Have 1 drink then say hey I live around the corner wanna come listen to some music? The rest is hopefully gonna be a better plot than Fifty Shades of Grey. Wear protection unless you're looking to add to the number of wonderful souls we have alive on our beautiful planet on the first round. I would wait a few rounds personally. If you're stuck on cold approach as your method then do a similar method of approaching near your place and push for an instant date and take them to your place to listen to some music. It's gonna be about 500% harder but you could still do it. @enchanted If everyone in China and India got someone pregnant this week we would soon have the numbers to take over another planet and conquer the galaxy. What are we waiting on boys and girls, the conquest is long overdue!
  15. I think anybody can be creative and you definitely can. If you're smart enough to write a forum post you're smart enough to create stuff. What do you think the world lacks? That's how I am personally creative. Some people are good at expressing their emotions and some more at expressing their ideas. Keep in mind everyone copies each other, that's the foundation of biology. Picasso learned painting from somebody else, he didn't invent a new art form. He practiced over and over until what he was creating had value compared to what others were capable of producing and he made a name for himself. Same for Mr beast and becoming the greatest Youtuber. Some creative mediums have more appeal to some type of people as another. Which type of art would you like to be great at if you could just snap your fingers and make it happen?
  16. I don't think Gary Vee manipulated the market, he's legitimately trying to build his NFT company. I would be curious what you mean by that. A jpeg is not really the valuable part, its about the provable scarcity part. Especially when in the next few years when AI is gonna generate so much stuff. Sort of like how a fake rolex is worth $500 and you have to pretend that you didn't buy the fake thing to keep the status of it where as a real one is worth $15k. I think soon social media platforms will have NFTs as part of the content that you post. Tons of girls I know got into investing and crypto when it was popular, they just have a nose for what's cool and trendy. Pokemon cards are just too gimmicky and I mean a bit lame so I don't know any that are into that. They like the plushies and bag charms though so I could see them collecting rare plushies that are also an NFT so you can track original ones vs the mass market Walmart ones. I know 40 year old women with Louis Vuitton bags aspiring to get a berkin. Collectibles and status just appeal to a deep drive in humans. If Hermes can sell $40,000 bags that don't do much make $20 billion in yearly revenue I think adding an even greater rarity component to the concept is fundamentally sound.
  17. Of course it makes a massive difference if it can be interchangeable within different games. A dollar is useful because it's a universal means of exchange. If your money was monopoly money stuck within one country it would be pretty worthless. There are many ways to make assets from one digital ecosystem be usable in another. The currencies like the USD that keep their value across conversions are the strongest. Some currencies are so weak that if you make a wage in that currency you can't even travel because the exchange rate is so high. Current game items and skins have a 0 exchange rate, that's worthless in terms of long-term value. Immutable X is the biggest project linking many different games together on its layer 2 blockchain which is built on top of Ethereum. If you wanna look at it in terms of each big studio building their own blockchain then that's called blockchain interoperability. Eventually, I think game studios that don't support this feature will be considered obsolete. Just like an online e-commerce platform that doesn't accept credit cards and only mail-in cheques. Not sure how exactly it's gonna go down but perhaps major developers are gonna make items backwards compatible for the other multiplayer games in their ecosystems. The core idea is to make the value liquid.
  18. Personally, I look at it more like conquering society itself. I don't see women as objects of conquest, more as cool adventure partners that want to join your journey en masse once you start offering more value and being able to solve the problems that weigh down the average man. The more abundance and value you generate in your life the more people want to be a part of it. Be it guys below your level that want to become your clients, and cool guys on top of their shit that become peers. Attractive cool women are a part of that as well. Politics is a good parallel to this point: the average person complains about politicians being corrupt yet never gets engaged in their local political system nor makes the effort to network with politicians to actually start to be able to influence the system instead of being a passive victim inside of it. I think you can use the sting of rejection in a dating context to initially fuel a self-improvement journey and then substitute it with a more holistic source of motivation down the line. I think the average guy doesn't even give himself the permission to desire hot women so even if it doesn't manifest as overt sour grapes, there is still a sort of cynicism or bitterness that oozes out of them I find.
  19. I'm not Jesus Christ. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. If the user is satisfied with their relationship to the internet I cannot say more power to them which is usually the goal. They'll end up with less power and agency actually but to each their own life. That's the beauty of existence.
  20. Holy shit We are actually here! It could be possible for me to skip the 2D version of the game and go straight to 3D with the current advances in AI game design shown with GPT 6 Astra What a beautiful time to be alive
  21. Honestly I mostly talk about it with Gemini and write huge paragraphs to it about my life and the parts of myself that still confuse me and ask it to find explanations for it. I basically told it that I'm into spirituality and it's helped me become quite wise but I also have some blindspots that confuse me that I want to dig deeper into and we had an hour long conversation on it. It led me to researching more about the Bhagavad Gita which I had heard about but knew 0 about and I was surprised to learn that instead of being a tale of a nice harmless dude trying to help mankind like the Bible, it's about a massive war of succession that is inspired by an Indian kingdom that predates Jesus by 1000 years. This is a good video to summarize the basics of it. It's very non-dual and talks life being a non-dual battleground of evolution. I'm surprised Leo hasn't touched on Hinduism in his videos, the parallels are quite strong. I listened to the 3 hour Lex Fridman podcast with Modi and I found that guy to be very wise in what he was saying. There is clearly a lot of deep wisdom and truth that comes out of India, I look forward to exploring it more over the years. I'll check out videos of Immortals Fenyx Rising, hadn't heard of it before but that type of mythology based game is very interesting to me!
  22. How do you recommend starting to dip your toes into mastering the new models? I do find it overwhelming to keep up with all the new features that are coming out and mainly just use it for basic conversations, introspection and image generation.
  23. What type of man do you like then? If you had to name 2 celebrities or influencers that appeal to you; who would they be?
  24. I don't look at it like conquest, maybe a little bit in terms of a fun playful idea but more so just being able to get what I desire. If you are arguing that you YOURSELF don't experience sour grapes then totally fair; I don't know you personally. I think if we are being honest it would be an accurate general statement that most men experience sour grapes in terms of the women who do not want to date them, and oftentimes MASSIVE sour grapes that turn into resentment or overt misogyny. A recent post was shared on this forum in the dating section along these lines. Being able to sleep with women easily makes you appreciate them a lot more and when you start to learn mechanisms of leverage like building your own social circle and social media brand then levelling up your sex appeal as a man becomes a very fun and energizing process as opposed to a tedious grind. Having options makes it much easier to find a quality long term partner and also sleeping with cool hot women is fun.
  25. Is this a feeling that you have or have you studied the effects that capital punishment has on society? I'm mainly worried about societal progress, I empathize with the victim more than the murderer but I don't believe in blind punishment. Also I've had a pretty traumatic psychotic episode myself so I know the bad effects that this can have on someone.