Successful People Are Not Happy

By Leo Gura - July 3, 2017 | 8 Comments

The illusion of success

Comments
jav says:

Cool video Leo, but how could you possibly know that success inherently comes with not being happy? And you could have just one of the two. Would appreciate your response.
Cheers

I think he already answered it in the video. You can apply the idea of getting success but “to the right areas of life.” Doing this truly brings fulfillment and can bring happiness because you achieved your goals. However, Leo’s main point is that by solely chasing success, you become addicted and you start to misunderstand true happiness. For example, expanding your business is good, but will all the money you acquire go towards your mission? Or would it go towards, expanding more and more to acquire more money and a nice Ferrari? Questioning these motivations in yourself is what I think is needed to fully understand what Leo is getting at in the video. I hope that helps!

Dave says:

Well said. Your personal honesty made it convincing.

Ilone says:

Tom says:

That’s a heart warming video Leo, thank you very much!

Heather says:

Yes!!!!!! So much yes! Thank you, leo!!!

Harpreet says:

Very Very insightful

Mark says:

Career success and happiness sometimes are against each other: I asked my 80 year old dad why he didn’t become a manager leading the work unit after years of experience and seniority, he said he is not that kind of people ( leader). My dad likes having time for his music hobby. It is great one knows themselves and have peace w it!

My dad in this case may not be as successful as he can be,but he really enjoys the music that makes him so happy. He play several instruments almost daily